Paranoia - Windows Update causing scan of all mapped network drives upon Internet connection?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ParanoiaPlus, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. ParanoiaPlus

    ParanoiaPlus Guest

    Just re-installed, then updated Win98SE at the MS site, and noticed
    that whenever I make an Internet dialup connection, a series of
    "Connecting to Drive X" dialog boxes appears, as if *something* was
    attempting to connect to each of the mapped drives on my 3-workstation
    network at that time.

    Is that normal behavior? I never noticed it before.

    I do have ZoneAlarmPro installed, but have put all the workstations in
    the "Trusted Zone".

    (I am not using a proxy server to enable Internet connections to all
    the workstations. Only one has a dialup connection.)

    Is there a way to stop this?

    TIA

    ParanoiaPlus, Aug 7, 2005