    Gordon Guest

    One thing is Clear, not all phones can be switched to Telstraclear. We are
    entering the field of pull thrus.

    Gordon, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Gordon

    Col: Guest

    You have to switch your phone to Telstraclear ..

    "Paradise.net customers on Telecom JetStream TM high speed internet services can
    now switch to TelstraClear HighSpeed Internet. This offer is currently only
    available to existing paradise.net customers using Telecom JetStream TM high
    speed internet services.

    As part of switching to TelstraClear HighSpeed Internet you will also be
    agreeing to transfer your home phone line rental and national, international and
    home to mobile calling to us. Your home phone line will be switched to
    TelstraClear when we can provided you with this service and will be at a
    separate monthly charge in additional to your monthly HighSpeed charge. Your
    home phone line rental and HighSpeed charges will be on the same bill."

    As there is no number portability it means you need to drop your Telecom number.

    I logged into Paradise page and filled out the questionaire and ..

    TelstraClear HighSpeed Internet

    "Unfortunately we are unable to provide you with TelstraClear HighSpeed
    Internet, because you have the following Telecom products:

    Call Track, Toll Bar
    If at any time you are no longer taking these products, please don't hesitate to
    contact us if you wish to take up TelstraClear HighSpeed Internet."

    I don't wish to change my number so unless I get a 2nd line I guess I am
    fux0red.
    --

    Col

    Col's law.
    Thinly sliced cabbage..

    Col:, Oct 12, 2004

  3. And presumably this only applies in areas with Telstra terrestrial cable?

    Patrick Dunford, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Where are you reading that Col? I called them about it and they claimed that
    it was only available to business customers. When I asked them for a
    business line into my house they basically said that Telecom would not allow
    it.

    Andrew

    Andrew Bryson, Oct 15, 2004
  5. Gordon

    Bruce Knox Guest

    The link was on their main home page. It seems to have disappeared
    now. This broadband stuff changes every 5 minutes but my application
    is already in.

    Bruce.

    Bruce Knox, Oct 16, 2004
  6. Gordon

    bAZZ Guest

    How about a home based business ? You would think that Telecom would
    want you to have one installed for the extra revenue from a business as
    opposed to home line. Weird. Still it is telecom afterall.
    bAZZ..>>
    If you try me, you'll buy me
    If you buy me, you'll use me
    If you use me, you'll abuse me