Paradise/Telstra problems 26/11 7pm...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mauricio Freitas, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. DNS not resolving hosts, when resolving can't connect...

    Help Desk number goes direct to disconnect tone :(

    Mauricio Freitas, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Mauricio Freitas

    -{-astrae-}- Guest

    I'm having the same problems

    -{-astrae-}-, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Mauricio Freitas

    Peter Guest

    Has TelstraClear's pulling out of a peering arrangement got anything
    to do with it?

    See http://www.aardvark.co.nz for 26 Nov 2003

    Peter, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Mauricio Freitas

    M Guest

    Over the last 2 weeks ive had some wickedly high latency times, to the dns
    and other paradise servers.

    I cant ping anything inside Paradise's network under 200ms with 32byte
    packets, and thats on ADSL! My dialup account could easily beat this.

    Tonight its even worse, 250ms + with dropouts roughtly each 5th request.
    Nornally around 50-60ms no packet loss.

    :(

    M, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Mauricio Freitas

    Invisible Guest

    I had a lot of trouble with overseas sites earlier today, plus had problems
    logging in to their webmail yesterday. Not to mention the constant worm attacks
    from the non-patched dimwits.

    Invisible, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Mauricio Freitas

    harry Guest

    Yep same throughout the day

    harry, Nov 26, 2003
  7. Mauricio Freitas

    M Guest

    Seems there is a problem btwen telecoms adsl interface and paradise... hmmm,
    they have a network status message on their 0800 number, but nothing on
    paradise's "network information" page... thats useful isnt it.

    M, Nov 27, 2003
  8. Then it's on TelstraClear side of the things. I'm not using ADSL, and I'm
    not using Telecom. I have a TelstraClear landline and cable modem.

    Mauricio Freitas, Nov 27, 2003