  1. I have just been told by a Telscum buddy, that their is no Interconnect
    agreement between Telstra/clear and Telscum

    So all ISP links have to go via the USA..

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 5, 2005

  2. No Its Telescum that is the Villain..

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 5, 2005

  3. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    steve Guest

    Yep.

    Boycott TelstraClear...

    They want to charge for traffic like the their parent company does in
    Australia.

    The Kiwi open traffic ethos has been one of the good things about the
    Net in NZ.....and TelstraClear want to end it.

    steve, Mar 5, 2005
  4. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Axle Guest

    Telecom didn't make Telstraclear de-peer from WIX.
    They came up with that stupidity all by themselves.

    Axle, Mar 5, 2005

  5. May be they held a Gun to there head..

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 5, 2005
  6. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Axle Guest

    No, they just make more money by making their content providers traffic
    al international.
    Its a ripoff.

    Axle, Mar 5, 2005
  7. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Daniel Guest

    However, it would appear the move to de-peer from WIX is going to backfire:
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=5&ObjectID=10113474

    Surely, TelstraClear would've seen that one coming - you'd think?

    Daniel, Mar 5, 2005
  8. not quite right roger.
    but fairly close.
    they'll probably go via Australia.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 5, 2005
  9. well, Telecom are not peering either, but Telstra arent either...
    they're both dumb companies.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 5, 2005
  10. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    David Preece Guest

    A traceroute between my home cable modem and an xtra machine appears to
    go via Auckland.

    Dave

    David Preece, Mar 5, 2005
  11. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    David Preece Guest

    No, this time it's Telstra Clear.

    Dave

    David Preece, Mar 5, 2005
  12. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Enkidu Guest

    Telstra/Clear could swallow NZ Telecom whole, and probably
    would want to. That would pretty much give them an
    Australia/New Zealand monopoly.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 6, 2005
  13. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Gordon Guest

    The rate *is* the problem eh?

    Gordon, Mar 6, 2005
  14. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Axle Guest

    Yes, local traffic charged at international rates.

    Axle, Mar 6, 2005
  15. Yes, MCI now has some routers in Auckland, so if your international
    traffic normally goes via MCI (alter.net), then the traffic is
    rerouted through them instead of having to go to the US first. That
    is what happens for me (I am with nzwireless).

    Stephen Worthington, Mar 6, 2005
  16. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    AD. Guest

    Well the NZ based engineers did, but were apparently overruled by
    Head Office in Oz.

    AD., Mar 6, 2005
  17. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Adder Guest

    bullcrap
    what your asking for is unlmited traffic
    who pays for it really
    some Isps do charge for traffic

    Adder, Mar 7, 2005
  18. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    AD. Guest

    No he's not asking for that, you missed the point completely. Do you even
    know what peering exchanges are?

    AD., Mar 7, 2005