    hours .... and no machines were connected ...
    even with the torrents on - there is no way I could download that much
    on the plan I am on... ahh well only a problem if they charge me for it

    smf, Dec 24, 2005

  2. smf

    thingy Guest

    You can drill down and look at the hourly rate, even the minute.
    Paradise tried this on me when I got Dos'd off the Planet, I had 5 gig
    sent at me in 3 minutes, impossible for the cable to do.....we had a
    short discussion and the charge was resinded. So their metering is
    upstream of the pipe so far that it doesnt see it all getting dropped...

    19 gig sounds a lot....in 6 hours, does that exceed your plan rate? like
    if you only have 256k...

    I'd query it immediately....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Dec 24, 2005

  3. smf

    smf Guest

    yep - I did - and I have to say I had the very best service from the guy
    I spoke to at Paradise. Ross called me back 3 times, yes 3 times to
    update me on the situation. According to the meter - I spiked 17 gigs
    from 3pm to 4pm ... no machines were on in the house and I was drinking
    bubbly in the sun....ahem... anyway...
    I was very impressed with the service I got today from Paradise - full
    marks - oh - and it looks like it was some balls up at their end and I
    get a Xmas pressie of a zeroed account :) yayyyy for me
    cheers Thing and Merry Christmas :)

    smf, Dec 24, 2005