    I call people, they sound fine to me, but they say I sound a bit
    quiet/faint.

    If it makes any odds, this is via Sipgate.

    Peter X, Nov 7, 2005

  2. Peter X

    Dexter Guest

    Hmmm say no more .

    Dexter, Nov 7, 2005

  3. Peter X

    Max Power Guest

    I wish you would take your own advice.

    Max Power, Nov 7, 2005
  4. Peter X

    Sean Guest

    Yes, get a life

    Sean, Nov 7, 2005
  5. Peter X

    Peter X Guest

    To answer my own question, on the "regional" page with "advanced view"
    on, near the bottom of the page are "miscellaneous" settings. I have
    changed the "FXS Port Input Gain" setting from the default of -3 to 6.

    This *seems* to fix the problem!

    Although if anyone more qualified than myself could confirm this is
    correct, I'd appreciate it.

    According to the Sipura manual[1], this setting contains "Valid values
    are 6.0 to –infinity. Up to 3 decimal places" so I guessed "6" would be
    a good figure to start with, and it seems just fine.

    Out of interest, does anyone know what the "FXS Port Impedance" setting
    does? The Sipura manual says "Electrical impedance of the FXS port"...
    but this means nothing to me!!

    Anyways, thanks for all the [ahem] help!! ;)

    [1] http://www.sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSPAUserGuidev2.0.9.pdf

    Peter X, Nov 7, 2005
  6. Peter X

    Peter X Guest

    Peter X, Nov 7, 2005
  7. Peter X

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    If only you would...

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 8, 2005
  8. Peter X

    Ivor Jones Guest

    [snip]
    It sets the FXS (phone) port to suit phones used in whatever country
    you're in. 270+750||150nF is correct for UK phones. 600 is correct for the
    USA.

    Note that this setting is to suit the phone itself not the actual country
    you're in. If you take a UK phone with you to the USA you'd leave the
    setting as it is, you'd only change it to 600 if you wanted to plug a US
    phone in.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 8, 2005
  9. Peter X

    PeterW Guest

    Yes, this is the correct complex impedance to use for the UK. Other
    settings can reduce gain and can result in greater echo due to impedance
    mismatch.

    FWIW on my two Sipura ATA's I have the input gain set to +3dB and output
    gain set to -6dB.

    Peter

    PeterW, Nov 9, 2005