    voipbuster ? Some kinda of internal forwarding or dial code to switch
    to the other line ? I don't want to buy a two line phone and guessing
    something must be possible.... anyone ? TIA

    Bleh, Apr 26, 2006

  2. Bleh

    Brian A Guest

    I would guess so. I am not familiar with the PAP2 specifically but I
    am familiar with the SPA-3000. The dial plan configuration, I assume,
    will be the same, bar provision of gateways. You should be able to
    configure as many different outgoing providers as you like. Just
    organise your dial plan appropriately.
    Example syntax:-
    <#02,:>xx.<:mad:voiptalk.org;usr="xxxxxxxx";pwd="yyyyyy";nat=yes>
    Here the provider is voiptalk.org
    xxxxxxxx is your username and yyyyyy is your password.
    dialling #2 will access voiptalk. Then dial your number when you hear
    the second dial tone.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Apr 26, 2006

  3. Bleh

    Ivor Jones Guest

    I don't think it's possible. The PAP2 is, I believe, virtually identical
    in terms of firmware/facilities to the Sipura SPA-2000. I have one of
    these and it isn't possible on that. If you have two separate phone
    sockets, then each one is configured for the account you have set up on
    that socket.

    It is possible if you connect a PBX to the two phone sockets, then all
    connected extensions would be able to access either port, but with a
    single phone plugged into one port, I don't think so. The SPA-3000 is
    different in that it has one phone port and one PSTN port, these are
    different so configuration is different.

    I am willing to be proved wrong, if someone has succeeded in doing this, I
    for one would be interested, but somehow I doubt it.

    A 2 line phone such as the BT Converse 2025 is relatively cheap (it's a
    good phone, too) so why don't you consider this..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 26, 2006
  4. Bleh

    Meggahurtz Guest

    It`s possible, I have a Pap2 running Sipura Firmware 3.1.8 (SEc) and use
    Port 1 for Sipgate and Voipstunt, I just push # when picking up the handset
    to switch to Line 2.

    Meggahurtz, Apr 27, 2006
  5. Bleh

    Scope Guest

    I have read about this, but doesnt it introduce some problems? LEDs
    not working as they should are one thing, but anything more serious?

    Just out of interest, does it also route incoming calls on both lines in
    through port1?

    Scope, Apr 27, 2006
  6. Bleh

    Meggahurtz Guest

    The only LED that is out is the power led, i`ve been very happy with how
    it`s working, not noticed anything bad about the Firmware.
    Don`t think so, the "Line 1" is the incoming line and "Line 1 & Line 2" can
    be used for dialling out so I personally use Sipgate on Line 1 and Voipstunt
    on Line 2

    Meggahurtz, Apr 27, 2006
  7. Bleh

    Brian A Guest

    I assume the PAP2 does have a seperate dialling plan for each line.
    Thus, as I stated earlier in this thread, there should be no limit as
    to the number of providers that can be set up, in the dial plan, for
    OUTGOING calls, using the syntax I posted. It is irrelevant what
    incoming providers are used on either of the lines. This is assuming
    that the PAP2 will allow that syntax as other Linksys/Sipura ATAs do.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Apr 27, 2006
  8. Bleh

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Hmm. It must be something in the dial plan then, it certainly doesn't work
    on my Sipura SPA-2000. What dial plan are you using..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 27, 2006
  9. Bleh

    Meggahurtz Guest

    I`m using a Dial plan from a chap who posted his on here about a week ago,
    prior to this I wasn`t using any dial plan and the PaP2 still worked the way
    I explained.

    Meggahurtz, Apr 27, 2006
  10. Bleh

    Meggahurtz Guest

    (*xx|0|00|<0:0044>[1-9]x.|<:00441493>[2-9]xxxxx|[2-9]xxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

    This is the one i`m using for Line 1 & 2.

    Meggahurtz, Apr 27, 2006
  11. Bleh

    M.Dexter Guest

    I just can't understand all the talk about dial plans here I am using
    my three PAP2's straight out of the box with various voip service
    providers and haven't had one bit of trouble without inputting any
    dial plans.

    M.Dexter, Apr 27, 2006
  12. Bleh

    Meggahurtz Guest

    Same here but I find the Dial Plan above allows me to ring locally without
    entering 01493 everytime I need to ring local.

    Meggahurtz, Apr 27, 2006
  13. Bleh

    Bleh Guest

    So phone on line 1, pickup handset, press # and the dial and I call
    out on line 2 ? Using 3.1.10 after a few minor problems with 3.1.8 not
    closing lines when dropped.

    Bleh, Apr 27, 2006
  14. Bleh

    M.Dexter Guest

    I have so used to dialing various codes now I do it automatically and
    in any case I use voipcheap and sipdiscount for outgoing calls and
    have programmed my most dialed numbers into the phones memory
    has I can't be doing with dialing 0044 etc before every call .

    M.Dexter, Apr 27, 2006
  15. Bleh

    Bleh Guest

    Hmm if I do that I just get what I think is the engaged tone. I've
    test both lines by swapping the cable over and they are working ok.

    Bleh, Apr 27, 2006
  16. Bleh

    Oldie Guest

    Have you considered using VoXaLot? You register (free) on voxalot.com
    and set them as your vsp in your ATA. Then by using VoXaLot's online
    dial plan, you can set up as many providers as you want and select
    whichever you like, whenever you like.

    Not only that, but VoXaLot uses Sipbroker as its underlying engine,
    allowing users on one provider to peer with pretty well any other,
    regardless of whether they have peering arrangements set up. The way
    that it works is that all dialled numbers are first checked to see if
    they have an associated ENUM. If they have, the call is routed
    directly via Voip and is then free. Alternatively you can call
    directly by dialling "*<provider code><enduser>".

    On my SPA-1001 (PAP2 works the same way) I have Sipgate, Voipfone,
    Voipdiscount and Free World Dialup active - all on just one of my two
    ports. The dialplan checks the dialled number and routes the call
    automatically according to the algorithm that I have programmed. If I
    want to force a call through any one of these providers I can select
    the route manually.

    Oldie

    Oldie, Apr 27, 2006
  17. Bleh

    Brian A Guest

    There are several advantages to a having a dial plan.
    Here are some:-
    1. Your speed dials can all be set at a central point and thus be
    accessed by all phones connected to the ATA. Speed dials can be set
    within your dial plan or via a dedicated speed dial provision.
    When using a speed dial there isn't the delay you get when using DTMF
    from a telephone handset memory - the ringing starts almost
    immediately.
    2. You can bar the dialling of certain numbers.
    3. You can route numbers automatically to appropriate providers to
    facilitate LCR.
    4. By use of sipbroker numbers that have sip origin can be
    automatically routed over the Net instead of via a voip/PSTN provider.
    5. You can have secret codes for dialling, say, barred numbers.
    6. You can switch providers by entering the appropriate code.

    Alternatively you can set a dial plan and speed dials via
    voxalot.com
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Apr 28, 2006
  18. Bleh

    Bleh Guest

    Meggahurtz, have you changed any other settings to do the # trick ?

    Bleh, Apr 29, 2006