Panda Software Claims Zero-Day Virus Defense

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 6, 2005.

  1. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 6, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Guest Guest

    Be interesting to know if their TruePrevent "technology" is yet just
    another intrusion detection system (IDS), like Prevx (the Home version
    is free).

    Guest, May 6, 2005

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    °Mike° Guest

    "According to independent testing lab ICSA, TruPrevent is over 98 percent
    effective at eliminating malicious software"

    In other words, it is no more effective than the best AVs that
    use signature scanning alongside analysing the *actual structure*
    of the program/file being scanned via CPU emulation (heuristics).
    If it is not 100% effective, then this is probably some sort of behaviour
    blocking or integrity checking, and nothing more than sales hype.

    °Mike°, May 6, 2005
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    why? Guest

    Didn't read the whole artice, but saw something similar 8 or 9 years
    ago. It learned what was going on and created rulsets, can't recall the
    name but it wasn't very good, more like useless.

    All I remember was it came form an Israeli company.

    Me

    why?, May 6, 2005