Panasonic Lumix L10 - cool reception? When a new one comes out?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by aniramca@gmail.com, Aug 29, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Does anyone know if a new replacement for the Lumix L10 SLR camera
    will be out soon?
    I did not hear much in the various forum about this SLR. What are the
    reasons that It did not seem to catch up in popularity?
    - because of 4/3 system?
    - too expensive?
    - does not produce good photos?
    - poor advertising campaign?
    It's been a year since the L10 replacing the giant- tank type L1. I
    heard the Leica lens itself is worth buying (just like those who
    bought and loved the FZ50 because of the giant Leica lens).
    I did not see very many photos created by this camera.
    I am still looking for the mew micro 4/3 system with interest. I don't
    like big size camera, and would think that if Olympus and Lumix will
    create an SLR the size of a Canon G9, I would be interested to get
    one. Too bad that the pancake lens that Olympus has is not a zoom
    lens. I wonder how small a zoom lens can be fitted into a micro 4/3
    But, then again, would an SLR with micro 4/3 is just another Canon
    G7? Particularly, if you buy an SLR and do not take advantage of the
    interchangeable lenses.

    , Aug 29, 2008