    When I turn my Panasonic Lumix on, the lens expands, but the lens
    cover does not retract.

    Is it toast?

    roamic, Nov 2, 2007

  2. roamic

    ~~NoMad~~ Guest

    Not necessarily, a little grain of sand can sometimes jam the leaves of a
    lens cover.

    Cycle the lens in and out numerous times while shaking and tapping it in
    different directions.

    Get a can of compressed air and blow out the area around the lens cover.

    Wiggle the leaves carefully to remove any stickage.

    Last resort... back to the factory. Panasonic is very lenient with many
    repairs with respect to warranty and out of warranty.

    NM

    ~~NoMad~~, Nov 2, 2007