Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0 Blu-ray Disc player

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Robo-man, May 8, 2008.

  1. Robo-man

    Robo-man Guest

    From thedigitalbits.com:

    "First up today, Panasonic has just announced their new DMP-BD50 profile 2.0
    Blu-ray Disc player, which is due to arrive in stores late this month or
    early June. It'll have full BD-Live capability with a built-in Ethernet
    port, along with built-in decoders for both lossless audio formats (Dolby
    True HD and DTS-HD). Unfortunately, the price is going to put it out of
    reach of casual consumers. It's set to retail at $699. I'm guessing it's
    going to drop pretty quickly though, and I'm betting there will be pretty
    good sale prices on it this fall. I suspect it's going to be THE player all
    the enthusiasts want, but at that price, it'll probably ensure that Sony's
    PS3 remains the best selling profile 2.0 Blu-ray player on the market. I'm
    actually getting a first-hand look at the BD50 on Friday, so I'll have more
    to say about it next week."

    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

    ..

    Robo-man, May 8, 2008