Panasonic DVD Player S47K: Why So Many Opened Boxes On Shelf ? Anyone Having: Happy With It?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Robert11, May 24, 2004.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Was about to buy my first DVD player today.
    Went to Best Buy and was going to purchase a Panasonic S47K.

    But,

    They had several "box-opened" along with a few unopened boxes on the shelf.
    Couldn't help but think that these were returned units, for whatever reason.
    Salesman kid of weasel worded around it

    Really turned me off, and figured I'd think about it a bit.

    Let me please ask: for anyone with this unit:

    Happy with it ?
    Reliable ?

    Also saw Panasonic S35S and S35K units there.
    Are these older units ?
    Better choice than the S47K ?

    thanks,
    Bob