  1. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Anyone tried this new beast? It seems like a great camera.

    Beach Runner, Mar 5, 2006

  2. Is it for sale yet? B&H lists it as 'coming soon' (for $350).

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Mar 5, 2006

  3. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    It's for sale at the Panasonic web site. The features, including
    a compact camera, with high speed, 800, 10x zoom, stabilization, large
    LCD, and a Leica lens seem too good to be true.

    Beach Runner, Mar 5, 2006
  4. I'd be willing to bet that the ISO 800 is basically useless, but other
    than that, it's basically an FZ series with a slower (and hence smaller)
    lens (f/4.2 at max zoom, vs f/3.3 for the FZ5/7) and fewer manual
    controls.

    The folded optical path did let the designers shrink the body by quite a
    bit, though. That's a definite plus for the TZ1.

    -dms

    Daniel Silevitch, Mar 5, 2006