    any repositioning of the lens assembly.

    So, what changes between the modes (why do they need to be different)?

    Isaac

    isw, May 24, 2007

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall, May 24, 2007

  3. isw

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Hi,
    Internal movement.

    Tony Hwang, May 24, 2007
  4. Macro mode usually sets the lens to a lower F no for max depth of field.

    Dennis Pogson, May 24, 2007
  5. isw

    isw Guest

    Of course. That's why I put my ear in contact with the camera before I
    flicked the switch -- absolutely no noise from the motor, which under
    other conditions is quite audible.

    so I still don't know what changes...

    Isaac

    isw, May 25, 2007
  6. isw

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Can't speak to Panasonics in particular, but for the Nikon CP-990/5700
    I own, macro mode just allows the camera to try to focus at a closer
    range and still out to infinity. I believe it's in the software,
    nothing to do with moving lens elements around. With macro off AF is
    just limited to a bit farther range making it a bit quicker, from my
    experience.
    -
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf, May 25, 2007
  7. I think the only thing that changes is in the software. Close focus is
    not allowed in standard mode to speed up the focusing.

    Irwin Peckinloomer, May 28, 2007