    would take it?

    Thanks in advance for any advice!

    CF

    cheeseflavor, Sep 11, 2006

  2. cheeseflavor

    alhedges Guest

    You might try putting it in a ziploc bag if you think it's likely to
    get wet - I've done that with the small camera I take backpacking and
    it works well.

    alhedges, Sep 11, 2006

  3. cheeseflavor

    minnesotti Guest

    This is not the first post from a bicycle rider who takes a camera with
    him. I persnally do not understand why one should take a camera with
    him on the ride. You are either pushing the pedals and enjoy the
    physical exersize and scenery, or your are making the pictures. I
    personally would not like to put a stress on myself by simultaneously
    cycling somewhere and striving to make good pictures. If I did the
    pictures while cycling, they would all had no artistic value (bad
    composition, bad image quality etc). Maybe this is a typically American
    feature, arising from being supercompetitive.

    minnesotti, Sep 11, 2006
  4. cheeseflavor

    cheeseflavor Guest

    Yes, I suppose I could do that. I've been spoiled by the Stylus 600 in
    that I don't have to worry about it. But the stylus doesn't have the
    OIS (or the lens) the Lumix does. When you use the bag, do you actually
    take the pictures through the bag?

    Thanks for the reply!

    cheeseflavor, Sep 11, 2006
  5. cheeseflavor

    cheeseflavor Guest

    Thanks for the reply, but that's really not the question. The question
    is would it work? For the record, I take the camera with because I
    spend hours a day on my bike and take a lot of pictures to record the
    things I've seen. Artistic value is secondary to recording my personal
    history.

    cheeseflavor, Sep 11, 2006
  6. cheeseflavor

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Maybe you want a helmet video cam instead of a DMC-FX01.

    Paul Rubin, Sep 11, 2006
  7. cheeseflavor

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    Many people take cameras with them while cycling (I do also do). You take
    the pictures when stationary, when you take a camera in a car most people
    take most of their pictures while the car is stationary so why would you
    think cyclists would be any different?.

    Neil Ellwood, Sep 11, 2006
  8. cheeseflavor

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    Maybe narrow-mindedness is a typical feature of your nationality, whatever
    it is. Cycling is a nice recreational activity, and many of us have
    destinations in mind when we get on the bike. Sometimes we like to take a
    few pics at these destinations, if that's OK with you.

    Kinon O'Cann, Sep 11, 2006
  9. cheeseflavor

    Kinon O'Cann Guest

    I take a Panny FX01 with me, but I only use a Lowe Pro pouch which isn't
    water proor or even water tight. I think that suggestion of a zip loc bag
    would work best, unless you have a watertight bike bag you can put it in.

    I don't think this camera, or any camera should be subjected to excessive
    moisture, whether it comes from perspiration or rain. The only exception
    might be the Pentax waterproof cams.

    Kinon O'Cann, Sep 11, 2006