    JethroUK© Guest

    What is difference between Pan focus and Auto focus?

    both seem to be automatic to me

    JethroUK©, Aug 11, 2004

  2. JethroUK©

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    Pan focus is simply - always in focus but never adjustable. The lens is set
    for hyperfocal distance at the largest aperture the camera uses. Auto focus
    is a system whereby the camera focuses on some exact object and anything in
    front of or behind that object can go out of focus. If you are only out for
    family snaps a pan-focus camera will do the job.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Aug 11, 2004