    Nice example.

    Now if only P&S cameras could do that well.

    :)

    DustinR., Nov 17, 2007

  3. John Navas

    Douglas Guest

    Ha,ha,ha. P&S lesson 101! Six second exposure sure would have cramped
    your hand... Should have used a tripod!;)

    Douglas

    Douglas, Nov 17, 2007
  4. Brently Granger, Nov 17, 2007
  5. http://www.pixelmemory.us/Photos/SF Bay Photo/Aug 24 2002/

    Taken back in 2002 on the SF Bay Photo Group's second meeting -
    when I had a P&S :)

    Kevin McMurtrie, Nov 18, 2007
  6. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    John Navas, Nov 19, 2007
  7. John Navas

    DustinR. Guest

    Awww shucks, now you went and spoiled all the fun. :)

    I've got some remarkable P&S aurora photos and constellation photos. One that
    I'm particularly fond of. A rainbow hued moonset on a remote island-dotted,
    mirror-still, lake that takes your breath away. You have no idea how difficult
    it was to under-expose that one just right to get it to look like a moonset and
    not just another sunset. That is the biggest challenge of the thousands of
    moonlit photos that I've taken with my P&S cameras, capturing too much light
    rather than too little.

    If I shared any of those at full resolution the suicide rates in the DSLR camps
    would drastically rise. I refrain from posting those so as not to completely
    challenge their mental-health (what's left of it).

    Interesting in that the deafening silence from the DSLR proponents persists.

    DustinR., Nov 19, 2007
  8. OK - I'll be the first of the DSLR guys to comment - Nice shot.

    Juan Moore Beer, Nov 19, 2007
  9. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    Thank you. Of course DSLRs take nice shots too.

    What matters is the photographer, not the tool.

    John Navas, Nov 19, 2007
  10. Kevin McMurtrie, Nov 20, 2007
  11. John Navas

    John Navas Guest