PAL to NTSC with Adobe Mpeg converter - burning dvds

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Joan, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Joan

    Joan Guest

    I have mov files of animations created entirely on the computer that I
    converted to Mpeg 2 files using Adobe's Mpeg converter 1.2 in Premiere
    6.5 - in both Pal and NTSC.

    However when I create a DVD using my HP dvd burner and DVD architect,
    the Pal DVD + plays fine in my Sony (305) DVD player.

    But the NTSC DVD (+) I burn plays in poor resolution, and in B&W. My
    computer DVD player plays both the Pal and NTSC DVD plays fine.

    The component Sony DVD player is supposed to play in both NTSC and
    Pal, and has played both in the past (automatically converting modes).
    My TV works with both modes.

    Any suggestions? I need to send NTSC DVD's overseas to the USA.

    Thank you in advance,

    Joan

    Joan, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Joan

    Moldy Guest

    Have you changed any cabling set-up on the DVD/TV since last playing
    an NTSC disc? You need to be cabled up with a fully loaded RGB Scart.

    --

    Moldy

    The only difference between crap and art, is that art has brass name plates below it

    Moldy, Sep 17, 2003

  3. | I have mov files of animations created entirely on the computer that I
    | converted to Mpeg 2 files using Adobe's Mpeg converter 1.2 in Premiere
    | 6.5 - in both Pal and NTSC.
    |
    | However when I create a DVD using my HP dvd burner and DVD architect,
    | the Pal DVD + plays fine in my Sony (305) DVD player.
    |
    | But the NTSC DVD (+) I burn plays in poor resolution, and in B&W. My
    | computer DVD player plays both the Pal and NTSC DVD plays fine.
    |
    | The component Sony DVD player is supposed to play in both NTSC and
    | Pal, and has played both in the past (automatically converting modes).
    | My TV works with both modes.
    |
    | Any suggestions? I need to send NTSC DVD's overseas to the USA.

    I have recently tested playing a non-Region (Region 0) PAL DVD in several
    set-top (component) NTSC (US) DVD players, and all played it very well.

    JaF

    Just a friend, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Joan

    Jason R. Guest

    I have a similar problem. I used rca cords to conect the cable. What is is
    "RGB Scart"?

    plates below it

    Jason R., Sep 18, 2003
  5. It's a 21pin connector used in Europe. It carries all the signal
    combinations including widescreen switching.

    Gary Lightfoot, Sep 18, 2003