PaintShop Pro X2 Stopped Painting - Can you Help?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pspuser, Jan 9, 2008.

  1. pspuser

    pspuser Guest

    PSP X2 with the latest patches. For some reason, I an not able to get
    paint to show up on an image. I have reset the preferences to factory,
    reset the desktop to factory, cleared cache and all other parameters.

    When I select a paintbrush and a solid color, and try to paint on an
    image (existing or brand new, blank image), no paint shows up on the
    image. If I select the TEXT OPTION, text shows up fine.

    I have tried creating a new layer with no results.

    One strange thing - with the preferences set to default, when I click
    on the image to start to paint, the left (help) panel and the
    organizer tray at the bottom of the page move - they shift back a
    pixel or so as long as the mouse button is depressed, When I release,
    they return to the correct position.

    Please advise as soon as possible - thanks.

    Here is the system information:
    Paint Shop Pro Photo Build Information:

    Build Date Tuesday, October 30, 2007 @ 19:35:33
    Build Mode Release (C000104)

    Hardware Configuration:
    Processors 2
    Processor Type Intel
    MMX Support Yes

    Memory / Drive Status:
    Memory Load Index 47 pcnt.
    Total Physical Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 1.05 GB
    Total Paging Memory 3.85 GB
    Available Paging Memory 3.08 GB
    Total Managed Memory 43 MB
    Total Handles: 416
    Temp Drive Free Space 17.27 GB

    Video Driver Information:
    Bits Per Pixel 32
    Number of Colors 16777216
    DIB Output 24 BPP
    Palette Size Non-Paletted
    Resolution 1680 x 1050

    Operating System Information:
    Operating System Windows XP Service Pack 2

    Plug-in Information
    Filter Plug-ins Loaded: 0
    Import Plug-ins Loaded: 0
    Export Plug-ins Loaded: 0
    Format Plug-ins Loaded: 0

    DLL Name Version Load State
    CmdArtistic 12.01 Complete
    CmdBase1 12.01 Complete
    CmdBase2 12.01 Complete
    CmdBevels 12.01 Complete
    CmdClipboard 12.01 Complete
    CmdColor 12.01 Complete
    CmdEmail 12.01 Complete
    CmdExternal 12.01 Complete
    CmdFile 12.01 Complete
    CmdGeometry 12.01 Complete
    CmdJGL 12.01 Complete
    CmdLayers 12.01 Complete
    CmdLighting 12.01 Complete
    CmdNonGraphic 12.01 Complete
    CmdOrganizer 12.01 Complete
    CmdPhoto 12.01 Complete
    CmdPhotoSharing 12.01 Complete
    CmdPrint 12.01 Complete
    CmdPyScript 12.01 Complete
    CmdSelections 12.01 Complete
    CmdSlideshow 12.01 Complete
    CmdStandard 12.01 Complete
    CmdTexture 12.01 Complete
    CmdVector 12.01 Complete
    CmdWeb 12.01 Complete
    ToolArt 12.01 Complete
    ToolObject 12.01 Complete
    ToolPaint 12.01 Complete
    ToolSelect 12.01 Complete
    ToolStandard 12.01 Complete
    ToolText 12.01 Complete
    ToolWarp 12.01 Complete

    WinTab Tablet Status
    Driver Version: 1.2
    Supports pressure: Yes

    pspuser, Jan 9, 2008

  2. pspuser

    7 Guest

    Try Gimp if you can't fix it.

    www.gimp.org

    Its free, open source, and comes with source code and is very powerful.
    Because the source code is free, programmers contribute code improvements
    and make it more powerful.

    7, Jan 9, 2008

  3. pspuser

    why? Guest

    Have you tried

    http://www.corel.com/

    <snip long diagnostic info list> it's more likely to be useful to

    http://www.corel.com/
    Community or Support links.

    Join the PSP users group
    http://groups.google.com/group/PSPUsers?lnk=gschg

    Wouldn't have found these if I didn't search for 'paint' or 'graphics'
    or 'corel' on my usenet provider listings,

    newsgroups -
    comp.graphics.apps.corel
    comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

    Me