Paintshop Pro 8 selection which equals an A4 photo print

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Peter, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Now this is only very slightly off topic so I hope somebody can help.

    I am moving from a 2m pixel camera to a 5m pixel camera, my old one
    having 10x optical zoom and my new one only 7x optical zoom.

    I am not concerned at losing 3x zoom, as with the bigger picture size I
    thought I could easily cut out part of a maximum zoom image in Paintshop
    Pro 8 and still get good results.

    My problem is that I have never found out how to cut out a section which
    when printed, still equals an A4 print page exactly (hope that makes
    sense). One has to attempt to make selection by eye - or does one?

    Has anybody found an easy way to cut out a selection which is exactly
    the right size?

    Regards,

    Peter, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Peter

    Trev Guest

    Yes use the crop tool, as there is not a pre set for that you may wish
    to save it once done.
    Enter the width and height in the tool options as inch's or cm 8.27" x
    11.27" then centre the marquee as you want it. Then crop.

    Or use the print layout and drag on to the template resizing to fit if
    needed.
    But Is the image big enough to get a A4 print at Good quality

    Trev, Oct 13, 2003

  3. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Hello Trev,
    Thanks very much for this little gem, it has been bugging me for ages.

    My Olympus 2mgbit pictures print out great in A4 so when my Minolta A1
    arrives with 5 mgbit pics, I should hope cropped images would print out
    with at least the same quality, I will know soon :)

    Regards,

    Peter, Oct 15, 2003