    where I can buy spray paint to spray the plastic adaptor to match the rest
    of the PC's case and how to prepare the plastic for painting.
    Thanks.

    M, Nov 23, 2004

  2. M

    soup Guest

    M popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said
    Any model shop should have "enamel" paint (Humbrol)or a
    Car accesory shop (Halfords) should have paint in cans or indeed a
    local computer shop may well point you in the right direction.

    Try this technique for prep

    http://www.g4techtv.com/techtvvault/features/37073/Paint_Your_Computer_Case.html

    soup, Nov 23, 2004

  3. M

    M Guest

    On reflection replacing the bay might be cheaper. Does anyone know where to
    buy an adaptor bay in white-beige?
    Thanks.

    M, Nov 24, 2004
  4. M

    Smoker Guest

    Spray painting is cheap and easy and your case will be the only one like it
    if you get a little fancy even with something simple like the black case
    with white piano keys up the side. There's nothing to prepare really, just
    make sure it is clean and use light coats. I've done smaller cases with a
    single can of spray paint, but multiple colors looks better. There are sites
    that will tell you how to go about it if you want to paint it with a car
    finish or like a mirror if you care to get into all of that.

    I've needed extra bay plates here in US and the shops have always just given
    me one. I think shops that build PCs just throw them out.

    Smoker, Nov 24, 2004
  5. M

    M Guest

    Thanks for the link. Just one question. The article advised 'Before you
    begin to paint, remove any residual release agent so that your paint will
    stick'. Any idea what you clean it with? I'm don't like the idea of using
    solvents incase they damage the plastic.

    M, Nov 24, 2004
  6. M

    soup Guest

    M popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said
    Simple green foam www.simplegreen.com or indeed any
    washing up liquid should do. In fact any grease cutter should
    do the job but a book [from the library] dealing with the
    subject should be your final reference.

    NOTE :- Simple green do a degreaser as well but I feel
    that may be a bit aggresive/powerfull for what you want

    soup, Nov 24, 2004