    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Memory
    Management and set the DisablePagingExecutive value to 1"

    TIA

    Trent SC, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Trent SC

    Jerry G. Guest

    This is an ongoing argument. Personally I would not do this. Other issues
    will come up with some applications under specific conditions. There are
    some very good ways to set up the virtual cache that would be more
    advantageous.

    --

    Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
    ==========================

    I read the following 'tip' in a PC mag and would be grateful for the group's
    comments on whether it's a useful tweak:

    "If you have 512Mb or more of RAM, stop Windows XP paging to disk for a
    performance boost. Locate the Registry key

    Jerry G., Jul 6, 2004

  3. Trent SC

    Ron Martell Guest

    Very bad advice and could have a serious adverse effect on overall
    performance.

    See MVP Alex Nichol's article on XP Virtual Memory at
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.htm especially the section on turnong off
    virtual memory.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Jul 6, 2004
  4. Trent SC

    Trent SC Guest

    Thanks for your input, Ron & Jerry. I shall heed your advice.

    Trent SC, Jul 6, 2004