    Thank you,

    skim

    , Nov 17, 2005

  2. why? Guest

    On 17 Nov 2005 09:30:16 -0800, wrote:

    >I'm running XP Home version. I have had the PC two years; then about
    >six months ago started experiencing random restarts. Event Viewers
    >should nothing. Recently I have also been experiencing BSOD with the
    >following message:
    >
    >Page Fault in Non Page Area
    >
    >ntfs.sys Address F84CCAC6 base at F84CB000, Datestamp 41107ee9
    >
    >STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF8A78664, 0x00000001, 0xF84CCAC6, 0x00000003)
    >
    >I don't know how to interpret these at all. My searches show that these

    The important bits are
    STOP 0x00000050 (sometimes the 1st number after '(' ) ntfs.sys Page
    Fault in Non Page Area

    >page fault errors may have to do with a physical memory problem, or a
    >driver causing conflict. Is this true, and is there a progressive way

    Looks like 2 errors, ntfs.sys and the STOP 50.

    Can't comment , don't know what you read / found in your search :)

    >to diagnose and repair it?

    For physical memory, try either a boot floppy / boot CD of
    http://www.memtest86.com/

    An often mentioned URL is www.bootdisk.com , have a look around there.

    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_21411987.html
    this points to a harddisk issue, the ntfs.sys, the poster with the fault
    replaced the disk / test with another disk, try that.

    >Thank you,
    >
    >skim

    Me

    why?, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Unk Guest

    On 17 Nov 2005 09:30:16 -0800, wrote:

    >I'm running XP Home version. I have had the PC two years; then about
    >six months ago started experiencing random restarts. Event Viewers
    >should nothing. Recently I have also been experiencing BSOD with the
    >following message:
    >
    >Page Fault in Non Page Area
    >
    >ntfs.sys Address F84CCAC6 base at F84CB000, Datestamp 41107ee9
    >
    >STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF8A78664, 0x00000001, 0xF84CCAC6, 0x00000003)
    >
    >I don't know how to interpret these at all. My searches show that these
    >page fault errors may have to do with a physical memory problem, or a
    >driver causing conflict. Is this true, and is there a progressive way
    >to diagnose and repair it?
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >skim

    Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x50
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_ccgm.asp?frame=true

    Microsoft resources on 0x00000050 errors:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=817197
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873159
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=897079
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=903251
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=894278

    NOTE: Defective RAM is one possible cause.

    There Are No Spare Stack Pages
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=149083

    Unk, Nov 18, 2005