    Firefox, but it doesn't help. My sense is that it is probably some
    screwed-up DLL in the back end of Windows, but wouldn't know where to start
    looking. Anybody have any ideas?

    Tony Calguire, Aug 16, 2007

  2. how about posting the website so someone can see whats going
    on and make suggestions?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 16, 2007

  3. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    The website is the configuration page of my 2Wire 2700HG-D DSL modem, at
    http://192.168.0.1.

    Tony Calguire, Aug 17, 2007
  4. Tony Calguire

    Old Enough Guest

    A question out of my ignorance: Is the modem configuration page a
    web site? I use the same address (192.168.0.1) to configure my D-Link
    router.

    _________________________________
    Old Enough
    to know I don't know a thing ....

    Old Enough, Aug 17, 2007
  5. For all intents and purposes, yes. The DSL modem or router has a web
    server on board, and your web browser fetches pages from that web server
    like it would fetch pages from any web site.

    In my particular situation, I'm pretty sure the problem is not with the
    router's OS or web server, because these configuration pages display just
    fine, without any error messages, on my other two computers.

    I'd like to throw out another question for the experts... I'm thinking
    about uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox again, but I'd like to make
    sure I get a completely clean reinstall. After using Firefox's uninstall,
    what other files, directories, and registry entries do I have to wipe out
    in order to ensure that Firefox won't be using old files?

    Tony Calguire, Aug 17, 2007
  6. forget uninstalling and reinstalling. Thats not your
    problem. Its lying with your router. But if you still want
    to, you also have to remove the profile. To find your
    profile, you need to see this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile#locate

    and if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx

    you might want to try asking in one of the microsoft
    newsgroups:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

    or try and find a newsgroup/forum for your router/dsl modem

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 17, 2007
  7. Tony Calguire

    Rom Guest

    The error console isn't for users, and as a user you can't really do
    anything about the web interface of your modem/router.

    Do you have any Firefox extensions or security type of software
    installed that could be blocking images, ads, sites, apps, etc.?

    Are you able to ping 192.168.0.1 when the Firefox hangs trying to load
    the modem's web page?

    If haven't already try clearing the cache and cookies.

    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Websites_look_wrong>
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites>

    Rom, Aug 17, 2007
  8. Tony Calguire

    Rom Guest

    You could delete the profile before reinstalling, or create a new
    profile and see how that is in comparison.
    <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#locate>
    <http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#new>

    Rom, Aug 17, 2007
  9. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 17, 2007
  10. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. After digging around a little, I
    uncovered the problem...

    One one of my Firefox computers, but not the other two, I had messed with
    the configuration and changed network.http.pipelining to "true". By
    resetting this to the default value "false", the router's config web page
    now loads and looks normal.

    Tony Calguire, Aug 17, 2007