    This is not due to time outs as my web is fairly fast at mo.
    I remember having this problem before but not what to do?
    Thanks for advice.

    miss calm, Dec 21, 2003

  2. miss calm

    Richard Guest

    Clear out all of your temp internet files.
    try a different browser.

    Richard, Dec 21, 2003

  3. miss calm

    cool Guest

    I've been having the same problem since last night, about two-thirds of the
    sites I try to access are saying page cannot be displayed. Have tried
    clearing out files with no success, anyone got any more idea what has gone
    wrong ?

    cool, Dec 21, 2003
  4. miss calm

    Brian H¹© Guest

    cool said:
    Have you tried contacting your ISP to see if they have been having server
    problems?
    ps. Never listen to advice from Richard "RtS" Bullis.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 21, 2003
  5. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    They are cleaned out several times a day.
    Internet Explorer is the best I would not replace it.

    miss calm, Dec 21, 2003
  6. miss calm

    miss calm Guest

    I think you could be right Brian. I'll give it till tomorrow.
    I remember something about altering the 'Hosts' file last time when the
    problem persisted for weeks. Though what I altered I cant remember.

    miss calm, Dec 21, 2003
  7. miss calm

    Brian H¹© Guest

    miss calm said:
    If it is a site you have been used to visiting without problem, I don't think it
    likely that all these pages will have entries in the hosts file.
    But it's worth checking to see if any of the sites addresses correspond with
    entries in hosts anyway.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 21, 2003
  8. miss calm

    Richard Guest

    miss calm wrote:

    If you can get to sites like google, yahoo, msn, and others, the problem is
    not yours.
    Use another browser to be sure.
    I couldn't get into a site yesterday, and had others check it, neither could
    they.
    What site(s) and maybe others here will report if it's working or not.

    Richard, Dec 21, 2003
  9. miss calm

    M Mullen Guest

    |> Suddenly I find that most of the sites I click on come up with 'this page
    |> cannot be displayed'
    |> This is not due to time outs as my web is fairly fast at mo.
    |> I remember having this problem before but not what to do?
    |> Thanks for advice.

    Security settings?

    M Mullen, Dec 21, 2003