    no avail, could anybody tell me where I could get one please? Failing that,
    could anybody tell me how to locate the memory strips in this machine?
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

    Darryl B Goode, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Darryl B Goode

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Do you have any removeable panels on the bottom of the case? Most notebooks
    have a cover plate that has one or two screws holding it on that covers the
    RAM slots, since they are one of the "user upgradeable" items.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Darryl B Goode

    CountryLover Guest

    I'd wasn't even aware that PackardHell was still in the computer biz.

    Try here: http://support.packardbell.com/uk/mypc/index.php?PibItemNr=PB08D00101

    CountryLover, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Darryl B Goode

    Snapshot Guest

    There are 2 panels on the underside, a small one and a large one. I removed
    the small one , 2 screws and slide it off, memory not in there. I tried
    removing large panel, 4 screws out, but panel refuses to come away from the
    body of machine. I don't want to use excessive force, what next?

    Snapshot, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Darryl B Goode

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Hmmm...should be tight, but not difficult. I agree - no excessive force.
    I've not worked on PBs since they don't sell in US, but all the Dell, HP,
    Sony, etc. machines I've worked with are all pretty straightforward for
    installing memory.

    Did you try the link Countrylover posted?

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005
  6. Yes, I tried the link, but it doesn't really cover it.

    Darryl B Goode, Jul 3, 2005
  7. Darryl B Goode

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Ahhh...somewhat typical. Another location I've found memory installed at is
    under the keyboard.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005
  8. Now we are getting "Really Technical" :eek:)
    Looking from the outside, I don't see any way to remove the keyboard, no
    screws showing.

    Darryl B Goode, Jul 3, 2005
  9. Darryl B Goode

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I have a Packard Bell Easynote F7305 notebook and I am looking for a
    On my Vaio, the cover just back of the keyboard is removed with one screw on
    the side, then slide the cover. The keyboard has a couple screws there
    holding it in. (That's where I go to get to the hard drive.) Too bad I don't
    have any experience with that brand/model. I've found most laptop
    manufacturers are reluctant to put out much information regarding repair,
    since they'd rather have the extra income from doing that work themselves.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 3, 2005
  10. Ok Tim, thanks for trying, it's getting late here so I'd better get my head
    down and have another look tomorrow.

    Darryl B Goode, Jul 3, 2005
  11. Darryl B Goode

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Jul 3, 2005
  12. Darryl B Goode

    PC Guest

    snip<
    As far as I know Packard Bell = NEC, see the odd one down this neck of the
    woods (EnZed).

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Jul 3, 2005
  13. Many thanks for that Mike, I managed to remove the large panel as described
    and there are 2 slots for ram, one above the other.
    Thanks to all who replied.

    Darryl B Goode, Jul 3, 2005
  14. Same here...much less making laptops. Ugh.

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 3, 2005
  15. Darryl B Goode, Jul 3, 2005
  16. Darryl B Goode

    Mike Easter Guest

    Errm... it was about Chuck Berry's Johnny B. Good.

    Way down Louisiana close to New Orleans,
    Way back up in the woods among the evergreens...
    There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood,
    Where lived a country boy name of Johnny B. Goode...
    He never ever learned to read or write so well,
    But he could play the guitar like ringing a bell.

    (Chorus)
    Go Go
    Go Johnny Go
    Go Go
    Johnny be good

    He use to carry his guitar in a gunny sack
    And sit beneath the trees by the railroad track.
    Oh, the engineers used to see him sitting in the shade,
    Playing to the rhythm that the drivers made.
    People passing by would stop and say
    Oh my that little country boy could play

    (Chorus)

    His mama told him someday he would be a man,
    And he would be the leader of a big old band.
    Many people coming from miles around
    To hear him play his music when the sun go down
    Maybe someday his name would be in lights
    Saying Johnny B. Goode tonight.

    (Chorus)

    Mike Easter, Jul 3, 2005
  17. Yes Mike, that was my 'Ol Grandpappy!

    Darryl B Goode, Jul 3, 2005