    boot with or without the mouse or keyboard.
    Motherboard has built in video. With just video and ram installed still get
    the error message.

    Harry Peterson, May 23, 2004

  2. Motherboard is a Gibabyte P4 Titan GA-8SIMLH-P(-P-C). New yesterday. Memory
    is 1 x 512 stick. Nothing else is connected at the moment as I have
    disassemled trying to figure out where the problem lies.

    I have reconnected the keyboard and mouse a few times. They are colour coded
    for the sockets (purple and green) so I doubt that I have them in the wrong
    slots.

    Harry Peterson, May 23, 2004

  3. The manual and has the default keyboard/mouse as PS2.
    That is what i am using.

    Harry Peterson, May 23, 2004
  4. Michael-NC

    SoMeOnE Guest

    Humor me and change them over anyway :)

    I can name you two brand name puters where the sockets are identified(color
    wise)incorrectly.
    Is there any sign of a light coming on the keyboard at boot ie Num lock, Caps
    or Scroll?

    Me

    SoMeOnE, May 23, 2004
  5. Michael-NC

    rello Guest

    you will get a keyboard not present error if you enable "stop on all
    errors" if it is a crook keyboard...if it is memory you should get
    beeps.....swap to another [PS2] keyboard and if still no keyboard
    return the mobo and get a new one
    relloman

    rello, May 23, 2004
  6. Thanks for the reply. I have tried a new battery and the memory was new with
    the motherboard so I presume it is correct for the board. I am not sure how
    to work that out. Any guidance would be good.

    Harry Peterson, May 24, 2004