    And it is the smallest sensored of the "serious" cameras beyond P&S
    sensor sizes.

    http://dpreview.com/reviews/samsungtl500/page9.asp

    RichA, Jul 9, 2010

  2. RichA

    RichA Guest

    And yet you couldn't contradict what I suggested about the compacts.
    Bravo!

    RichA, Jul 10, 2010

  3. RichA

    BD Guest

    Whether what you say is correct or not is kind of secondary. My gripe
    with you is that EVERYTHING that you post is negative and critical.
    Rather than saying in your header that the EPL-1 is a decent quality
    camera, it's "P&S's suck". You're negative, whiny, and self-indulgent
    if you honestly think you're contributing to the group with your
    constant complaining. Get a blog, and stop posting your critical
    drivel to the group.

    BD, Jul 10, 2010
  4. RichA

    Vance Guest

    Did you find a real photographer to tell you all this stuff? LOL

    By the way, I'm still feeling kindlty disposed towards you, so let me
    know how your attornies are and I will be in touch with them. I
    figure you might be short of money, so I will pick up the Federal
    Filing fees and cost of service for you.

    Vance

    Vance, Jul 10, 2010
  5. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Rich is Canadian. Every Canadian I have ever encountered has been
    negative, whiny, and self-indulgent.

    Bruce, Jul 10, 2010
  6. RichA

    BD Guest

    Wrong. This is an open forum. People can say whatever the hell they
    want in here - and more's the pity. I can tell a sniveling whiner that
    he should go away, you can tell me that I can't go running to mommy, I
    can tell you to go join him... it's all so wonderfully free-spirited,
    ain't it...

    Fanboy? Really? Do tell!

    BD, Jul 10, 2010
  7. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    All this fuss over terms...I don't see the G11 as "compact". The
    mainstream point-and-shoots *are* compact. They a slim, capable of
    fitting in a shirt pocket or a trouser pocket without bulge or weight,
    and they are truly compact cameras.

    The G11 camera body seems to me to be almost as large and bulky as a
    slr or dslr with a 55mm (or thereabouts) size lens. Yes, there are
    pockets that will accommodate them, but big pockets.

    The term "point and shoot" came into use because it described the
    simplicity of operation. Then, camera makers started adding options
    to these cameras that allow the user to choose between the simple
    settings and more advanced settings.

    The less complicated the camera, the more compact it can be. The
    basic point-and-shoots are more deserving of the description "compact"
    than the upper-tier non-dslrs owned by people who object to their
    cameras being called "point and shoot" cameras. Yet, they want their
    cameras called "compacts" to avoid the perception of owning something
    simple.

    I really can't understand the distress expressed by those who object
    to the "point and shoot" term. It's the photograph that is judged,
    not the device that took it.

    tony cooper, Jul 10, 2010
  8. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Well said, sir! I hope Rich listens to your wise advice.

    Bruce, Jul 10, 2010
  9. Such as this <http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual>

    Far more sophisticated than any DSLRs capabilities on the planet. I doubt
    you could learn all the manual and automated controls of any CHDK capable
    camera in even one year's time. Considering that you can't even figure out
    how to use the EV compensation button on your DSLR yet. Every last one of
    your photos have more than proved that.

    "DSLR" doesn't automatically mean "upgrade". A DSLR is just different, and
    that's all it is, not better. For some who are far more talented and
    experienced than you are or will ever be, going back to DSLRs would be a
    huge downgrade and hindrance again. A definitive evolutionary and
    revolutionary leap backward on the camera adaptability and functionality
    scale. When are you DSLR-TROLLS going to figure this out. Probably never.
    As already said, you can't even figure out what an EV compensation button
    is for yet as proved in all of your photography examples. If you can't even
    comprehend how to use that properly or even what it is for, you wouldn't be
    able to comprehend things far more sophisticated nor why others find value
    in them. It would be like asking you to compose a concerto when your mind
    and experiences only allow you to hear and comprehend one note all your
    life. You must live within your limited view of things while you sit back
    trying to convince everyone else who can hear from 20 Hz to 20 kHz why you
    only need one note. Those who can hear the full spectrum just have to learn
    to tolerate your severe and debilitating limitations. The best we can hope
    for is to alert all others of your crippling handicap in life. Luckily, you
    help in that regard. Every time you post one of your photos.

    Outing Trolls is FUN!, Jul 10, 2010
  10. Then lets start calling all DSLRs as POSBAs--piece of shit boat anchors.
    That's just as accurate of a description of DSLRs as P&S is of most all
    non-DSLRs today.

    Would it bother you if people called your overpriced less-capable DSLRs as
    POSBAs all the time? It's just as accurate as P&S you know. It shouldn't
    bother you in the least if major sellers of POSBAs started listing them on
    their pages that way too.

    Outing Trolls is FUN!, Jul 10, 2010
  11. RichA

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Yes, yes, you're an elitist snob and troll and you hate everything.

    Got it.

    You've made your point.

    Ray Fischer, Jul 11, 2010
  12. RichA

    krishnananda Guest

    How about "point & hope"?

    Even back in the film P&S days I remember going to stadium rock concerts
    and seeing thousands and thousands of tiny flashes firing throughout the
    audience as folks who snuck their cameras past security either forgot or
    didn't now how to turn off their flashes. Even my beloved Olympus Stylus
    had to have its flash turned off manually every time the camera was
    turned on, since it didn't retain the settings I wanted.

    I guess that one was a "point & curse"...

    krishnananda, Jul 14, 2010