    so could someone tell me, What is PS/2 Port ? And when it comes to mice, What
    is a Serial and a HID or a PS/2 ??????????
    Thank you any one, Please !!!!!

    kimmymac, Sep 12, 2009

  2. kimmymac

    Gerard Bok Guest

    PS/2 refers to the connector, small round plugs.
    Usually purple for the keyboard and green for the mouse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-din

    Serial is another type of connector, used for modems, very old
    mice, etc. If your PC is less than 15 years old, it is unlikely
    to have a serial-mouse.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_port

    HID stands for 'Human Interface Device' and is used for almost
    anything between you and your PC. Keyboard, Mouse, touchpad,
    drawing pen, etc.

    Gerard Bok, Sep 12, 2009