Owner of three blown POST Diagnostic Cards requires your help...

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Electronic Components, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. Owner of three blown post diagnostic cards requires your help...
    Problem is that China Inc. actually went through the trouble
    to grind off the chip part numbers :-(
    Though "debug cards" can now be had for as low as $10, there
    is the desire to refine one's surfacemount soldering skills
    and to replace what looks like 10 cent TTL glue logic.

    Here is a picture of the same card I have, but with part numbers:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6700762882&category=1244

    All the cards sold now look like they retain their chip part
    numbers. Most of the inexpensive PCI-ISA post cards from the
    various vendors appear to use the same generic circuit. An
    observation based mainly on:
    - common features
    - pdf manual downloads on vendor sites
    - chip count plus the same number of 14, 16 and 20 pin chips
    The only difference being variations in layout and quality.

    If someone purchased this type of card with chip part numbers,
    could you either post or e-mail the numbers on the following
    ten chips.

    U2 -
    U3 - (looks like a 74LS02 in the above picture link)
    U4 -
    U5 - (looks like it reads 74LS04)
    U6 -
    U7 -
    U8 - (looks like GAL16V8)
    U9 - (looks like GAL16V8)
    U11 -
    U12 - (looks like 74F74)

    Even better would be if someone has a schematic diagram or went
    through the bother to trace one out. If the GAL16V8 chips are blown
    one would be SOL, but there is glue logic between them and the bus.

    As they say... Strike three and you're out...

    Electronic Components, Oct 18, 2004

  2. Electronic Components

    P2B Guest

    Can't help with the chip numbers, but I note that my PCI-only diag card
    has 3 x GAL16V8D only (socketed), no TTL glue at all - which suggests
    it's only needed on the ISA side.

    P2B, Oct 19, 2004