    applications while not compromising their privacy, PC performance or
    overall consumer experience.

    Please feel free to send comments to

    Brad Harrison from WhenU, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    Jim Watt Guest

    Anyone who advertises their goods and services by
    spamming newsgroups are either stupid or scum.
    yawn.

    Jim Watt, Nov 15, 2005

  3. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    YoKenny Guest

    _way typed:
    They are both stupid AND scum!

    YoKenny, Nov 15, 2005
  4. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    Gremlin Guest

    enjoy ad-supported content? You mean, the annoying popups your crummy
    software generates? How about the system instability your browser
    hijacking does on older win9x oses. Did you get that fixed?

    Gremlin, Nov 15, 2005
  5. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    Joe Moore Guest

    WhenU sued to prevent an anti-spyware law on the basis of "freedom of
    speech. Unless you can persuade me by posting in this newsgroup that
    WhenU no longer believes that it's right to speak is more important
    than my right to control my own computer, I remain unconvinced that
    WhenU is no longer scum.

    joemooreaterolsdotcom

    Joe Moore, Nov 15, 2005
  6. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    GEO Me Guest

    Mainly stupid. It never said what was the service (if any) being
    advertised, and I don't care to find out.

    Geo

    GEO Me, Nov 15, 2005
  7. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    Jim Watt Guest

    So do I, so why reproduce their advertising copy ?

    Jim Watt, Nov 15, 2005
  8. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    Joe Moore Guest

    Because this discussion is on topic for this group
    and I always quote posts to which I'm responding.
    If this guy believes that his company has morphed from
    sleazy to saintly, I would love for him demonstrate
    that in this very public forum.

    For instance, since he is claiming that his company is no
    longer behaving in the way it did before his arrival, will
    his company accept responsibility for the damages and removal
    costs his company imposed on unsuspecting users before his arrival.

    I'm getting tired of these companies making business plans out of
    trespass and burglary and then reinventing themselves after they're
    caught.

    If companies are going to claim to deserve the same rights as people
    (like freedom of speech), they should be held to the same
    responsibilities as people (like paying for past crimes before a
    second chance is granted).

    Why not discuss such issues here?

    joemooreaterolsdotcom

    Joe Moore, Nov 15, 2005
  9. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    Jim Watt Guest

    Its better to trim, we have all read it and you are only
    giving the spammer more publicity and coverage.

    Discuss it all you like, but be part of the solution not
    the problem and don't pollute news servers with
    unnecessary duplication.

    Jim Watt, Nov 16, 2005
  10. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    Joe Moore Guest

    I guess we disagree as to whether an on topic post is spam.
    I was responding to the entire post. And when the original post
    has aged off the servers, those who read mine can still tell
    what I was responding to. As far as coverage goes, if they've
    reformed, it's news to me and this is a newsgroup.
    Do you think that WhenU announcing to the very groups which
    care about such matters a claim to have reformed to be a
    problem? I don't. Therefore I don't see my post as part
    of a problem.

    I think the very existence of WhenU is a problem, but as long
    as they choose to continue to exist I think they have just as
    much right as non-scum posters to post on topic material.

    I wish other spyware perpetrators (behavioral advertisers) would come
    here as well and attempt to justify their intrusive behavior. It could
    be informative.

    I will, however, closely monitor my posts in the future and trim
    anything not relevant to my response.

    joemooreaterolsdotcom

    Joe Moore, Nov 16, 2005
  11. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    Jim Watt Guest

    I'm not critisising your post as such, and indeed its useful to
    know they are manufacturers of spyware, which is another
    reason to despise them. Looking at the cross post lisr

    alt.privacy.spyware
    alt.comp.freeware
    alt.computer.security
    alt.privacy
    alt.security

    its clearly nothing to do with freeware.

    The only point Iwas making is that reposting the entire original
    bit of spam is bad practice as it clogs up the servers and furthers
    the publicity attached to the original. Your message will age off
    at the same time as theirs anyway if they are going. I run a news
    server.

    Less can be more.

    It would indeed be useful to know in detail the techniques used by
    spyware/adware companies. It would also be useful to exert some
    social pressure on the <word of choice> scum behind this ill.

    Jim Watt, Nov 16, 2005
  12. Brad Harrison from WhenU

    ShadowEyez Guest

    Who in the world "enjoys" the crap WhenU makes? Do you enjoy junk mail,
    junk email, or taking the trash out every week? This post is about as
    sick of a joke as the IRS putting an optional "Gift/Donation" section on
    the tax forms.

    ShadowEyez, Nov 17, 2005