    Oh and can this be done???

    Cheers,

    cOKe

    cOKe, Oct 12, 2003

  2. cOKe

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Not a problem. A now cheap Ti4200 card is a good option and offers damn
    good graphic power. It depends on the specs of your PC as well.
    S-video is the best way to go. By changing the settings, you can have a
    video playing in a small window (or full screen) on the monitor while
    playing on the TV in full screen mode. That's the biggest advantage of
    having TV output.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Oct 12, 2003

  3. cOKe

    RecylerMan Guest

    a very cheep sis6326 can do this

    RecylerMan, Oct 12, 2003
  4. cOKe

    Big Cat Guest

    And Not supported with TVtool..

    Don't forget the Screen modes must be similar to the TV Mode, ala 60hz frame
    etc, and 800 x 600..

    TVtool lets you use other modes..

    Big Cat, Oct 12, 2003
  5. cOKe

    Paul Gunson Guest

    any GeForce card can do simultaneous clone or span output to TV without
    TVtool. not sure what you're referring to RE the Hz... my monitor runs
    at 85Hz, the TV at 50Hz, both different res.

    Paul Gunson, Oct 12, 2003
  6. cOKe

    Paul Mathews Guest

    TVtool lets you select different TV rates, can you do that with out it..?

    Paul Mathews, Oct 13, 2003
  7. cOKe

    Paul Gunson Guest

    by rates if you mean different PAL/NTSC resolutions and frequencies,
    then yes you can change that in display settings. a few GeForce cards
    (440MX for example) have nVidia's own custom TVout chip and won't be
    reconized by TVtool which is a shame.

    Paul Gunson, Oct 13, 2003
  8. cOKe

    RecylerMan Guest

    TVtool not needed you can watch a boot up on tv and also do things in
    bios play dos games all without TVtool the rest of the control is done
    in the widows driver and it just works no third party softwere needed....

    RecylerMan, Oct 13, 2003