    yes I am a cheapskate.

    In the end if I have to buy one then so be it, but in the meantime could
    someone be so good to point me in the direction of a free recovery tool

    Bibble Babble, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Bibble Babble

    trout Guest

    It seems to depend upon the version and OS. If it's 'older'; you may
    be able to use the 'Outlook PST Password strip'. See:

    trout, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Bibble Babble

    Iceman Guest

    See if this helps:
    http://pwp.netcabo.pt/rsoutlook/us/pstus.htm

    Iceman, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Bibble Babble, Feb 7, 2004
  5. Bibble Babble

    zxr

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,even if you forget the password for the encrypted PST file, you can still decrypt it by using Advanced Outlook Repair. Advanced Outlook Repair can decrypt all the encrypted data and convert it into a new PST file that doesn't require a password. You can visit http://www.datanumen.com/aor/problems/outlook-password.htm to get more detailed information.
    http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ contains detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair.
    And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe
    Alan

    zxr, Dec 21, 2007
  6. Bibble Babble

    jacksparrow

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    In the field of data recovery stellar phoenix is a good name and the software which they produce is really high quality .One of his pst recovery software is very good to recover corrupted pst files ..

    jacksparrow, Feb 16, 2009
  7. Bibble Babble

    wangdong

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    Wangdong

    wangdong, Oct 14, 2009
  8. Bibble Babble

    juicyesn

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well you can manually recover your lost PST password with the command Pst19upg.exe -i filename.psx then press enter. After using this command your pst files will be free from password and you can easily again use your outlook files. You can also recover pst password with the assist of pst password recovery tool. Do a web search for good password recovery tool as there are numerous In the markets….

    juicyesn, Mar 8, 2010
  9. Bibble Babble

    nimd4

    Joined: