    What should be done? Is there an MS webpage which deals with this issue?
    Help appreciated.
    ps

    PS, Jun 12, 2005

  2. PS

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Jun 12, 2005

  3. PS

    aleX Guest

    Any way you can archive your current mail?, would that give you a new
    empty inbox?

    aleX, Jun 12, 2005
  4. PS

    pcbutts1 Guest

    The PST file has a 2gb size limit it will start giving errors when it gets
    close to the limit. If you can you can delete the sent items also. Microsoft
    provides the Inbox Repair Tool for correcting most problems with damaged
    Personal Folders .pst files. If you do not see the Inbox Repair Tool on the
    Start menu, under Programs | Accessories | System Tools, use Start | Find or
    Start | Search (depending on your operating system) to search your system
    for Scanpst.exe and run it. You will need to know the location of the .pst
    file that you want to repair.

    pcbutts1, Jun 12, 2005
  5. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In PS <> typed
    || I am not able to download email because the pst file is
    || full...that's what the message suggests.
    || I am not able to delete emails in Outlook to clean up the pst file.
    || What should be done? Is there an MS webpage which deals with this
    || issue? Help appreciated.
    || ps

    I believe the max size of an outlook's .pst file is 2GB. So if yours is that
    size yiou'll have to either remove some data or start another file.

    You can use the built in archive utility to move data from your .pst file to
    the archive.pst file. Once that one's full you can rename it and start a new
    archive file, all the while continuing to use your original outlook.pst
    file.

    If you need to retrieve data from the archive.pst file you can simply open
    it in outlook. It's possible to open multiple .pst files simultaniously in
    outlook.

    Robert de Brus, Jun 12, 2005
  6. PS

    PS Guest

    Thanks everyone. Hope to fix my problem.

    ps

    PS, Jun 12, 2005