    disucssed in news room group.You tried you decieve me by trying to
    promote and dominate your news room although i started pure networking
    and computer related problem.

    Dan Chatha, Jul 9, 2007

  2. Dan Chatha

    Dan Chatha Guest

    Dan Chatha, Jul 9, 2007

  3. Dan Chatha

    Dan Chatha Guest

    back to discussion

    Dan Chatha, Jul 9, 2007
  4. Dan Chatha

    Dan Chatha Guest

    Networking general discussion room. If a server 2003 expert was to be
    called by a NT 4 expert what was the reason to open this general
    discussion group then, while the New Technology remains the same

    I wasn't aware text raider were also observing.

    Potato salad , tuna and buget always nice to eat .

    ipconfig / all SERVER side

    windows IP configuration

    Hostname : server
    Primary DNX Suffix : xyzpk.com
    Node Type : unknown
    IP Routing enable : yes
    Wins proxy enable : yes
    DNX suffix search List : xyzpk.com

    ETHERNET ADAPTER LOCAL AREA CONNECTION

    Connection specific DNX Suffix
    Description : Intel <R>
    Physical Address : 00-19-01-4A-1F-F4
    DHCP Enable : No
    IP Address : 192.168.0.1
    Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
    Default gate way :

    ETHERNET ADAPTER LOCAL AREA CONNECTION (Provided from ISP Side)
    DSL Line.

    Connection specific DNS Suffix

    Description = T1 USB remote NDIS Network
    device

    Physiacal address =

    DHCP Enable :Yes

    IP address : 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway :192.168.1.1
    DHCP Server ';192.168.1.1

    CLIENT SIDE ipconfig / all

    Windows IP configuration

    Hostname : xyz-salad

    Primary DNX Suffix : xyzpk.com
    Node Type : Hybrid
    IP Routing enable : No
    Wins proxy enable : No

    Ethernet adapter local are a network

    Connection - specific DNS Suffix :Realtec rtl
    Physical address : 00-19-
    DHCP enable : No
    Ip address : 192.168.0.4
    Subnet Mask :255.255.255.0
    Default gateway : 192.168.0.1

    Dan Chatha, Jul 9, 2007
  5. Dan Chatha

    Lurch Guest

    You're problems are far beyond computer related ones.

    Lurch, Jul 9, 2007
  6. Dan Chatha

    Graham Guest

    Seconded.

    Graham, Jul 9, 2007
  7. Dan Chatha

    Graham Guest

    And has no knowledge of the concept of newsservers/readers when
    posting to a newsroom.
    Damn, Linotype jammed again.

    Graham, Jul 9, 2007
  8. Dan Chatha

    Dan Chatha Guest

    By the way you got knowledge Graham how to stop picasa from searching
    all pics in your computer ?.

    Dan Chatha, Jul 10, 2007
  9. Dan Chatha

    Dan Chatha Guest

    Computer and netwroking room has been turned out into a rumble where
    is Jon, could be busy with stella , Sir Jon I have posted ipconfig /
    all witing your reply.

    Dan Chatha, Jul 10, 2007
  10. Dan Chatha

    Alex Fraser Guest

    Set a DNS server on the clients; 192.168.1.1 should work.

    From a client machine, can you now "ping www.google.co.uk"?

    If not, what is the exact error message?
    If so, does Outlook Express work now?

    Alex

    Alex Fraser, Jul 10, 2007
  11. Dan Chatha

    Dan Chatha Guest

    DNS server set on client machine as 192.168.1.1 and worked fine
    can not ping www.google.co.uk

    message is

    Ping request could not find host www.google.co.uk. Please check the
    name and try again.

    Out Look Express is not working

    Dan Chatha, Jul 11, 2007
  12. Dan Chatha

    Alex Fraser Guest

    You need to ensure the server is configured to act as a NAT router and that
    the firewalls on the clients and server are not blocking traffic you don't
    want them to. I have no idea whether ICS is available on Win 2k3 Server, nor
    if there is anything different to XP about it (my guess: available and not
    different, so you can use any of the countless guides to configuring it on
    XP).

    I think you would be better off connecting everything (via switches if
    necessary) to your modem/router, and setting everything to use DHCP.

    Alex

    Alex Fraser, Jul 11, 2007
  13. Dan Chatha

    Mortimer Guest

    Yes: routers are designed to route and will do so "out of the box" unless
    NAT is consciously disabled. They will handle HTTP, POP and SMTP traffic by
    default. W2K3 server will do all these things, but may require some
    configuration to get it working properly. Looks as if we don't have a Server
    expert to guide you how to configure it.

    So:

    - turn off DHCP server on the domain controller
    - enable dynamic IP on all the computers (client and server)
    - turn on DHCP server on the router
    - turn on NAT on the router

    (some of these may already be on, but check them anyway)

    Mortimer, Jul 11, 2007
  14. Dan Chatha

    Rob Morley Guest

    Mortimer
    says...
    Hardly surprising given the nature of this newsgroup - how many people
    are running W2k3 Server at home? (I'm sure there are some, but I bet
    they do it for education or fun rather than because it's the best
    solution for a home network.)

    Rob Morley, Jul 11, 2007
  15. Dan Chatha

    Lurch Guest

    Yep, W2K server and FreeBSD, but defnitely not the best solutions by
    far!

    I don't think you need to be a server expert to see the complete hash
    of a network we seem to have here though (the OP's, not mine ;) ).

    Lurch, Jul 12, 2007
  16. Dan Chatha

    Dan Chatha Guest

    On client side

    Ip : 192.168.0.2
    Subnet : 255.255.255.0
    Default gateway : 192.168.0.1 (Domain
    Controllere Server)

    DNS Sever I : 192.168.1.1 (It works I can not
    ping any site it does
    resolve request from ISA
    domain controller

    DNS Server 2 : 192.168.1.2 (I can ping it
    reply and resolve site name
    to IP address problem
    is loss is 100 %)

    Dan Chatha, Jul 12, 2007
  17. Dan Chatha

    Dan Chatha Guest

    Now working on Networking , LAT , Local Domain Table of ISA Server

    Dan Chatha, Jul 12, 2007
  18. Dan Chatha

    Rob Morley Guest

    I can't help wondering if the OP is actually an artificial
    unintelligence practicing for its Turing test.

    Rob Morley, Jul 12, 2007
  19. Dan Chatha

    Dan Chatha Guest

    not amusing. out look problem there .Computer and networking
    discussion room

    Dan Chatha, Jul 12, 2007
  20. Dan Chatha

    Lurch Guest