    Yahoo account in the same way that I can with a Hotmail account?

    Thanks,
    /JD

    John Doe, Feb 1, 2004

  2. John Doe

    Randy Bard Guest

    No.

    Randy Bard, Feb 1, 2004

  3. John Doe

    Thip Guest

    Do a Google for YahooPops! --read the configuration instructions carefully.
    It will download your Yahoo mail to your POP3 account.

    Thip, Feb 1, 2004
  4. Yes JD its definetely possible, yahoo will charge you for the SMTP and
    POP addresses though, for approximately 29$ a year they will give you
    the smtp and pop addresses and using this you can configure your
    outlook or outlook express to bring in your mails.

    Prashanth Sirsi, Feb 1, 2004
  5. John Doe

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    Not unless you have POP3 access to Yahoo (it's a pay-for service).

    [ Doc Jeff ], Feb 1, 2004
  6. See if you can get the server address of Yahoo! and stick it into the HTTP
    part of the new mail setup.

    the secrets of a hacker, Feb 1, 2004
  7. John Doe

    Thip Guest

    Not true. YahooPOPS! works without the Yahoo POP3. It d/loads the e-mails
    to the OE Inbox.

    Thip, Feb 1, 2004
  8. John Doe

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    That one never worked for me even after half a dozen attempts. So I don't
    bother recommending it <shrug>. YMMV and all that...

    And it's not exactly "the same way that I can with a Hotmail account" as
    the OP requested. Ah, but then neither is my suggestion above...

    [ Doc Jeff ], Feb 2, 2004
  9. There is a piece of software called IZYMail (From http://www.izymail.com)

    This allows you to download mail from Hotmail/Msn/Yahoo/aol Web Mail
    accounts.

    Hope this helps

    Tom

    Thomas Chambers, Feb 3, 2004