Outlook express quit working on some email.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Zap Eagle, Aug 12, 2005.

  1. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    I have a problem with three (Earthlink, Mediacom and another local ISP) of
    regular pop isp's email getting blocked, however my three Google POP emails
    will go through in Outlook
    Express. I don't understand. If I go in to norton internet security and
    try to change the
    "Permit Always or Block Always" , it will freeze up that Norton window.
    Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then
    end task will not close the frozen window. If you shut down the computer,
    it will
    close then, but takes computer at least three minutes to shut down when this
    happens. I know this is a problem with the firewall, because when I disable
    the
    firewall temporarily the mail will get through.

    Thanks

    PS I tried to Google but haven't found a solution to this. I do not want to
    disable the Anti-virus

    Zap Eagle, Aug 12, 2005

  2. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    I just discovered in addition to my past post, I could not send this to
    newsgroup without stopping Norton Internet Security.

    Zap Eagle, Aug 12, 2005

  3. Zap Eagle

    trout Guest

    I'd disable the email scanning within Norton's options.
    If you set up OE to read mail in plain text, and/or disable the Preview
    Pane when checking new mail, and use an on-demand scan for any
    attachments you're thinking of opening, you're plenty safe.

    trout, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Zap Eagle

    Zap Eagle Guest

    thanks