"Outlook Express Quick Backup" Prog. Install Problem (F-mit.msi problem, apparently ?)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Sep 25, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Just downloaded and tried to install Outlook Express Quick Backup (OE Quick
    Backup).

    The installation hangs up, and I get a msg. of:

    "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is
    unavailable"

    Apparently it is trying to find, or use, something called: F-MIT.msi

    Did a search on my PC, and couldn't locate anything called this.
    It doesn't seem, either, to have been loaded with the program download.

    Seems like a nice program and would like to use it.

    Anyone have any idea what is happening ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Robert11, Sep 25, 2005

  2. Robert11

    Chas Guest

    Try here
    http://www.mcse.ms/archive52-2004-9-860074.html

    Chas

    Chas, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Robert11

    sherlockolms

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    NW Ohio
    Haven't figured a fix yet, but...

    Dug around and learned that the F-MIT.msi file is associated with FEMA's "flood map image viewer". Are you using it? I downloaded the viewer about a month ago, but just started getting that same error message today when i try to start certain internet based programs. Keep me posted.

    sherlockolms, Apr 6, 2007