    is shaded out.

    Regards

    Blanco

    Blanco, Jul 3, 2006

  2. Blanco

    joevan Guest

    joevan, Jul 3, 2006

  3. Blanco

    Blanco Guest

    joevan wrote:
    ||| Please can someone tell me how to activate the spellcheck when
    ||| posting to newsgroups in OE. I have tried pressing F7, and also
    ||| the Icon is not on it is shaded out.
    ||| Regards
    ||| Blanco
    || http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2952
    || --
    || "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    || and for the same reason."

    Many thanks

    Blanco, Jul 3, 2006
  4. Blanco

    Astral Guest

    Hi Blanco, Well I am pretty new to this newsgroup stuff, in fact this is my
    first post, so I hope I get it right. On my pc in Outlook Express 6 in
    Tools at the top of the window, then in Options there is a box to tick
    (Always check spelling before sending). When I clicked (deliberately
    mis-spelled) to reply to your post Spelling icon was at the right of the
    window near the top. Now to see if it will send with clicked spelt
    wrongly...hitting send

    Astral, Jul 3, 2006
  5. Blanco

    Vanguard Guest

    OE doesn't come with a spell checker. It can use the one installed in
    the Shared folder by Word 95, or later, or my MS Works (for those
    later versions that switched to using Word). That is, OE doesn't have
    its own spell checker but it can use the one installed in "C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof" by one of Microsoft other
    products. Otherwise, you have to get one of the 3rd party spell
    checkers.

    Vanguard, Jul 3, 2006
  6. Blanco

    Mellowed Guest

    Astral,

    One of the problems with OE is that the Spell Check usually requires
    either MS WORD or WORKS installed to pull up the spell check. Joevan
    provided a link for a free non-MS file that will provide a spell check
    without the MS programs.

    : Hi Blanco, Well I am pretty new to this newsgroup stuff, in fact this
    is my
    : first post, so I hope I get it right. On my pc in Outlook Express 6
    in
    : Tools at the top of the window, then in Options there is a box to tick
    : (Always check spelling before sending). When I clicked (deliberately
    : mis-spelled) to reply to your post Spelling icon was at the right of
    the
    : window near the top. Now to see if it will send with clicked spelt
    : wrongly...hitting send
    : : > Please can someone tell me how to activate the spellcheck when
    posting to
    : > newsgroups in OE. I have tried pressing F7, and also the Icon is
    not on
    : > it is shaded out.
    : >
    : > Regards