    change my settings ? so that the websites open ?
    Thanks in advance
    Harry

    H.Vullers, Jun 2, 2007

  2. H.Vullers

    Evan Platt Guest

    Evan Platt, Jun 2, 2007

  3. In case you needed it and weren't able to click (not sure why someone who's
    answering a problem about getting IE to respond to an email link would send
    you a link), here's the gist of it.

    1.. Start Internet Explorer
    2.. Select the Tools->Internet Options menu
    3.. Select the [Programs] tab
    4.. Look for a checkbox labelled "Internet Explorer should check to see
    whether it is the default browser"
    5.. If this checkbox is not ticked, then this is the cause of the problem,
    so tick it!
    6.. Click OK
    7.. Close Internet Explorer
    8.. Re-open Internet Explorer
    9.. Close Outlook Express
    10.. Re-open Outlook Express

    I know when I upgraded to IE 7, this function stopped working, and the
    solution was to go into Internet Options, do something to make the Apply
    button light up (make a change and then get it back to the original), Apply,
    and OK and it worked like a charm. Clearly this function had been turned
    off by the update, if you are using IE 7.

    Brian Whiting, Jun 2, 2007
  4. H.Vullers

    Evan Platt Guest

    There's this thing called cut and paste...

    Evan Platt, Jun 2, 2007
  5. H.Vullers

    H.Vullers Guest

    Thanks A lot for your help
    I tried most of the advice, and it did work for me, until i reboot again ,
    and its back to the old tricks again,
    then I installed IE 7, works again until I reboot again ,
    Any more clews, from any bright spark,
    Harry

    H.Vullers, Jun 3, 2007