    was ok. But now the same mail keeps recurring and I can't stop it coming. As
    I can only get Dialup this is causing me big problems. Can anyone help?

    Ray

    Roy East, Apr 13, 2009

  2. This is not exactly a security problem ... nor an OE problem, either.

    Do these recurring messages all have the same Message ID? If so, it
    could be that your own mail service isn't deleting it after you download
    it. Or it could be it is stuck in the friend's outgoing queue.

    I had a problem a year ago where a client sent me a mail with a very
    large attachment. It arrived every four hours or so, 'round the clock.
    The solution was to have his company's IT department flush their
    outgoing mail server.

    Does your mail service have a webmail interface? Try logging in there,
    and see what you see.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 13, 2009

  3. Roy East

    Roy East Guest

    Thanks for replying, I am with Tesco. This is what their helpfile says :
    I am receiving the same emails over and over. Why?
    There are several reasons why you may be experiencing problems receiving new
    mail. One of which is a mail block.

    A mail block usually occurs if someone has sent you a email that's too large
    for you to receive, but it can also occur if the email has become corrupt
    during sending.

    To resolve this problem you will need to delete the email directly from the
    mail server.

    To do this, you will need to use a program called telnet (PC Only). For help
    deleting email using telnet click here.

    Roy East, Apr 14, 2009
  4. Please report back your results.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 14, 2009
  5. Roy East

    Roy East Guest

    I,ve had another incoming mail, and it seems to have stopped. This has
    happened to me once before. Thanks for trying to help.

    Roy East, Apr 14, 2009