Outlook Express could not download the requested message.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by jw 1111, Jun 5, 2006.

  1. jw 1111

    jw 1111 Guest

    i have a couple of hotmail accounts that i can operate from within OE. it
    seems that one hotmail account keeps wanting to download a couple of hundred
    emails into the inbox, but put them in the wrong hotmail account. it keeps
    trying to do it again and again.

    i get this message box come up:

    Outlook Express could not download the requested message. It is likely that
    the message was removed or expired from the server. Subject 'Re:
    ,²-³¹'¿,µ,Ä,¨,è,Ü,·',
    Account: ,
    Server:
    'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail,
    Server Response: 'Not Found', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
    0x800CCC34

    would anyone kindly advise on what best to do ? thanks.

    jw 1111, Jun 5, 2006

  2. Use IE or another browser to access that hotmail account, and delete/trash
    the offending mail(s) directly off the server. Take care about trojans,
    fake links and worms.

    Walter Mautner, Jun 5, 2006

  3. jw 1111

    jw 1111 Guest

    Many thanks to all. there are some 170 of my previous emails trying to come
    in to
    OE on every download. As they are old and valid emails i dont wish to delete
    them, if at all possible.

    since as you say this usually indicates a problem on MSN's end. is there a
    way to contact the relevant department and tell them please? would that be
    worth doing?

    i followed your instructions to allow cookies on hotmail.com and live.com
    then restarted the pc but i'm sorry to say that it has made no difference.
    its still downloading 170 previous emails into OE. from my hotmail account.

    any further ideas please? thanks

    john west

    jw 1111, Jun 6, 2006
  4. jw 1111

    Plato Guest

    It

    Plato, Jun 6, 2006
  5. jw 1111

    PA Bear Guest

    See http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#dupes
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

    PA Bear, Jun 7, 2006