Outlook Express and Yahoo Email address

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. He needs to go to Yahoo's options and request pop3 access.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 9, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    Mike Easter Guest

    Free yahoo doesn't pop. Pay yahoo does.
    http://mailplus.mail.yahoo.com/help

    Mike Easter, Jun 9, 2005

  3. It does if you are in the UK.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Greetings from Norfolk

    My friend has just bought a new PC, and is having problems in getting
    Outlook Express to access his Emails. His address is with Yahoo, and he can
    get them via Internet Explorer, but all efforts so far to get OE to look
    have resulted in an error message of form

    POP3 could bnot be found......Port 110 Secures 110 Socket Error 11001 Error
    No.0x800CCC0D

    He is connected via broadband.

    Richard

    "I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in
    the right way, did not become still more complicated"
    Poul Anderson

    Richard Wrigley, Jun 9, 2005
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Jun 9, 2005
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Richard Wrigley, Jun 9, 2005
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    old jon Guest

    Google for `yahoo email problem`, and read all about it. best wishes..J

    old jon, Jun 9, 2005
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

    JG Guest

    I tried to get yahoo mail to work in thunderbird but yahoo only works
    in third party mai clients if you subscribe to the plus service if you
    subscribe i'm not sure if yahoo uses pop3 might be IMAP but i'm not sure.
    JG

    JG, Jun 9, 2005