    It is STILL Tue 15th July, 23:34hrs. If your time zone
    was set correctly, it would show at the correct time and
    date on any server in the world.

    °Mike°, Jul 15, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    Jimchip Guest

    Your time header says:
    which says you are posting according to Microsoft Default Timezone.

    Jimchip, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    Really? When did Australia adopt US Pacific Daylight Time as a time
    zone?

    Your post originated at:

    Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:22:35 -0700

    according to your headers. Notice the -0700? That's the same time
    zone Redmond, Washington is in.

    Methinks you still haven't checked your settings.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 16, 2003
  4. I had the same issue and just deleted the account and re installed it
    again..
    Everything worked for me..
    Don't worry about the time thing.. I lived in Sydney and loved it.

    OTB

    Oak Tree Brewer, Jul 16, 2003
  5. °Mike°

    Osprey Guest

    LOL, Tha's still a day in front! It's the 16th day of the 7th month in the
    year of our Lord 2003:-0 Not the 17th!

    Osprey

    Osprey, Jul 16, 2003
  6. °Mike°

    aNdY_05 Guest

    Hi All,

    Since i loaded W2K onto my computer my Hotmail e-mail has been able to
    download using Outlook Express. I reccently modified the Internet Explorer
    Cipher strength from 56-bit to 128-bit and since then i have not been able
    to download (or even access) my hotmail from Outlook Express. Is it possible
    to have both the 128-bit setting as well as the ability to download email?

    Using IE6 SP1

    TIA

    aNdY_05, Jul 16, 2003
  7. Champagne Mike,
    Of all the ngs I "attend" (?) only this one and the freeware group,
    alt.sport.horse-racing, alt.sport.horse-racing.systems and
    rec.gambling.racing are concerned with this issue of the clock. The reasons
    are obvious for the gambling ng's because of claims of posting winners in
    order to run scams or falsely claim bragging rights for picking a good
    winner, but here in the computer groups the reasons are not so obvious to
    newbies and practiced clickers as well. Care to explain to some of us
    utilizers of the net why this is so worrisome to the crowd that does make a
    big deal of it?

    ( I mean no offense with the term Champagne...I just don't know how to do
    those bubbles surrounding your name..it is just a differentiation term)

    tia

    --
    longshotjohn 7

    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

    because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

    longshotjohn7, Jul 16, 2003
  8. °Mike°

    Jimchip Guest

    It's not a big deal. Many posters have questions about a computer
    problem and a bad clock setting is 1) obvious and can be solved and 2)
    perhaps symptomatic of other problems and 3) something that screws up
    the sorting in my newsreader.

    As far as the sorting in my newsreader goes, if the poster doesn't fix
    their clock when asked then I just killfile them at their next
    appearance. Not a big deal.

    http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

    Jimchip, Jul 16, 2003
  9. °Mike°

    aNdY_05 Guest

    The time on my computer is correct. Im posting from Australia.

    aNdY_05, Jul 16, 2003
  10. °Mike°

    aNdY_05 Guest

    As far as i can tell... right now in melbourne, australia its 246am on
    thursday 17th July 2003

    Is this correct now?

    aNdY_05, Jul 16, 2003
  11. °Mike°

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹©, Jul 16, 2003
  12. °Mike°

    Jimchip Guest

    Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 02:46:27 +1000 would translate to Wed 16:46 GMT
    (UTC)

    'Now' it's about 17:15 GMT (check my time header). You're not in the
    future anymore and if you posted ~30 min ago it looks good.

    Jimchip, Jul 16, 2003
  13. °Mike°

    Michael Guest

    Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 02:46:27 +1000

    Yes, it is. :)

    Thank you *so* much.

    ((U))

    Michael, Jul 16, 2003
  14. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Wot Jimchip sed.

    °Mike°, Jul 16, 2003
  15. °Mike°

    Jimchip Guest

    I was going to comment on the "bubbles surrounding your name" but I
    didn't want to give away the secret about...

    Jimchip, Jul 16, 2003

  16. Champagne Mike is a.a...uh.......DRUNK ASS? OK Then--splains ever thang.

    lol ( I think)

    (;o)

    longshotjohn7, Jul 17, 2003
  17. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    You are to be commended, brother.

    °Mike°, Jul 17, 2003
  18. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Never touch the stuff.

    °Mike°, Jul 17, 2003
  19. °Mike°

    aNdY_05 Guest

    No worries....

    Now if i can go back to my initial question about Outlook Express and
    Hotmail does anyone have any suggestions?

    Must add a big thank-you to all that helped me fix the time issue, hopefully
    its stilll ok now =)

    aNdY_05, Jul 17, 2003
  20. °Mike°

    Michael Guest