Outlook Express and Addressbook Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JaeP, May 6, 2005.

  1. JaeP

    JaeP Guest

    Good Morning All -

    After reading the posted question from Jim Beaver Dated 04/30/2005 and
    Time stamped 3:21 AM - He questioned if it were possible to use both
    OE and Outlook on the same system -

    It got me to wondering -

    I must use OE for my online classes - and I was wondering how I could
    create a separate address book to keep the class emails separate from
    my personal email addresses.

    Someone suggested a folder - but that isn't an address book, correct?
    What would I be doing? Just cutting a pasting the addresses into this
    folder?

    BTW - I currenly have OE 6 on XP

    I appreciate any help you could offer -

    Thanks so much!

    JaeP, May 6, 2005

  2. JaeP

    MrGrumpy Guest

    You mention seperate address book then seperate emails which do you want?
    If its seperation of your email. Create a Folder, then a rule to move msgs
    to the appropriate folder. I assume you can still do this in OE as its a
    long time since I used it.

    MrGrumpy, May 6, 2005

  3. JaeP

    JaeP Guest

    I apologize for the confusion -
    My desire is to have separate address books created - one for school
    associates and faculty and one for 'other'...

    Thanks for the info on the folders and rules...

    JaeP, May 6, 2005
  4. JaeP

    trout Guest

    I haven't bothered with anything like this- but there is some
    discussion of multiple OE address books here:
    http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm

    trout, May 6, 2005
  5. JaeP

    JaeP Guest

    Trout -

    I thank you very much for your input - I will check this out right
    away!

    Much appreciated!

    JaeP, May 7, 2005