Outlook Express 6.0 problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bill, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    I have a very peculiar problem with Outlook Express 6.0

    When I download mail it always goes to the sixth message and then I get the
    following error message;

    "your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
    this include server problems, network problems, or long period of
    inactivity. Account ' postoffice.worldnet.att.net', Server:
    'postoffice.worldnet.att.net', Protcol: POP3' Server Response: '+OK', Port:
    110' Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCCoF"

    I ran Norton's virus scan and found no viruses but I still can't download my
    mail.

    All other parts of the Outlook Express work fine. I can send E-mails,
    download and send messages on news groups etc. I just cant receive mail
    beyond the first six messages.

    Can anyone tell me what is wrong and what I need to do to correct?

    Bill Mech

    Bill, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Bill

    Kerry Liles Guest

    It's possible that the 6th message is a huge message that is causing the
    email server some problems. Look for programs like Popmail that can "peek"
    at your mail on the server and show you the headers and let you delete them
    without actually attempting to read them.

    --
    ===============================
    Note: reply-to: and from: email address

    Kerry Liles, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Bill

    MJD Guest

    Check with your ISP, ATT WorldNet. It looks like a problem either their end,
    or with your setup of the account.
    And if that's your real address, change it in your news account settings,
    pdq!

    MJD, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Bill

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You may want to go to Accounts and select your email account and go to
    the Advanced tab and slide Server Timeout to MAX setting.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 24, 2003
  5. Bill pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
    Go to http://webmail.att.net/ log in and and read your mail. See what
    message is hanging up (the 6th?) and delete it.

    <snip>

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Oct 24, 2003
  6. Bill

    Tim H. Guest

    Hello,

    This isn't such a rare problem. Take a peek here:

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001060516275506

    -Tim

    Tim H., Oct 24, 2003
  7. Bill

    optikl Guest

    Delete your mail account and reestablish it. Also, once you've done that, go
    to files, folders, compress all folders. I've had similar problems solved
    doing this. Maybe some corruption.

    optikl, Oct 24, 2003
  8. Bill

    optikl Guest

    optikl, Oct 24, 2003
  9. Bill

    Thor Guest

    Just turn off the email scanning, and leave it disabled. it's redundant for
    the most part, anyway. Autoprotect will still check for, and stop virus
    execution.

    Thor, Oct 24, 2003
  10. Bill

    Mick Kuusik Guest

    Someone has probably sent you an email that is so big it (the server) times
    out ring up your ISP and ask them can they access your mailbox and check
    what is in thier or if you have a pop3 server get the pop server address and
    then view or delete the mail from there

    Hope this helps

    Mick

    Mick Kuusik, Oct 28, 2003
  11. Bill

    Elly Byrne Guest

    Can you log into you mail account via webmail?
    Go to your ISP home page and look for webmail or email.
    Same ID and password will be needed.
    You can then look at your emails from there and decide what to do with
    them.

    Tinnitus is a pain in the neck
    Elly's Tinnitus Resources
    http://www.eebee.net/