Outlook.exe has generated error messages and Closed by Windows

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by s, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. s

    s Guest

    I followed the Microsoft URL
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=297010
    and looked at all the threads in microsoft.public.outlook and
    microsoft.public.outlook.general and followed their suggestions but
    none could help me. I have win2k professional with SP4 and off2k. I got
    a word attachment after which I got this problem(am not sure if this
    can be the cause). I did a full updated Mcafee
    scan,scandisk,defragmentation,ran adaware,spybot search and destroy but
    that could not help me. i removed off2k and installed off2003 but that
    did not help me. I am getting a message that the faulty dll is
    ole32.dll but googling for that also could not help me. Removing all
    the addins,starting in safe mode, unchecking all Addins options in
    Advanced options could not help me.

    I removed all profiles and created new profiles but did not help. My
    personal STorage file mailbox.pst had some errors which I fixed using
    scanpst.exe and can successfully open on another machine using MS
    Outlook. But MS Outlook would give the above message and crash on my
    machine.

    I would appreciate any help.

    Thanks

    s, Mar 5, 2005

  2. s

    samuel Guest

    wrote in
    possibly http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=237912

    more
    Your shorter link is: http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z1AB25B9A

    samuel, Mar 5, 2005

  3. s

    Jerry G. Guest

    Visit all the links below, and do some reading.

    DLL Download site. (Take care with downloads)
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?ole32

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q314409

    This DLL has something to do with the editing part of MSN.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q201364

    If you uninstall MS Messenger, and re-install it back, this will usually fix
    this problem.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Mar 5, 2005
  4. s

    s Guest

    Thanks Samuel/Jerry,

    Samuel your suggestion worked. I removed the registry key for
    Quickfinder and after a couple of restarts it worked. I appreciate both
    of yours help and time.

    Thanks again.

    s, Mar 13, 2005