Outlook Error when opening Calender or Outlook Today

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Guest, Oct 12, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hey folks, posted this on another board but I know more people in here so I
    thought I'd toss this in here as well. Hopefully someone can give me an idea
    where to go from here:

    Working on an Outlook issue that is really bugging me here. So any help you
    might suggest would be great as Google has come up flat on this one.

    Win2K Pro w/sp4 machine on a large Exchange network
    Office/Outlook 2000 with all updates applied

    When the user clicks on his calender or the Outlook Today shortcuts in
    Outlook 2000 the system locks up and Outlook starts using 95 to 100% of cpu
    cycles. But this is only on the office PC, when user remotes in to his
    outlook all works fine so it's not a profile issue.

    I've tried the Outlook and Office repair feature, deleting and creating a
    new profile, made sure all the Office & Win2K Updates/Patches have been
    installed. I've even uninstalled/reinstalled Outlook and the issue remains.

    There are no error pop ups when this occurs and I'm not seeing anything
    listed in the error logs from the machine.

    Any ideas out there?

    Thanks

    Guest, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Guest

    Laura Guest

    Did you try logging on as a dif user on this machine and running outlook
    that way? If no proplem, then delete his user profile from the machine and
    recreate it. (don't forget to save any silly uers files like favorites
    etc...) Go into system properties>>user profiles find his profile and delete
    it. Sounds silly, but I have had many an outlook problem that cost more to
    fix than to rebuild.
    When he remotes in, is he running outlook on TS or is he running it local?
    Post back if you try this and it doesn't work.

    Laura, Oct 12, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I appreciate the tip, problem is I'm on a temp gig here so I don't have an
    outlook acct on the servers & no way to test under my login id on his
    machine.

    Got a co-worker here who's going to try it so I'm giving him the ticket.
    I'll let you know if it worked when I get his feed back.

    Thanks Laura.

    Guest, Oct 12, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Well he never tried this method, ended up just pushing out xp and outlook
    2002 to the machine. See if they'd give me access to AD&U I could do that
    too! Would have saved me alot of headaches.

    I just love temp gigs where they don't give you access to the tools to do
    the job!!

    Guest, Oct 12, 2005