    what that might be? (Other client users are using identical Win2000,
    Lotus Notes R5 on their workstations and have no problems.)

    TIA

    Joan Riverton, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Joan Riverton

    Jyrki Nivala Guest

    > On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not
    > allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her
    > public key in Outlook).

    What is the the error message you receive? Does she have a e-mail address in
    her certificate? Is it the same you are using when sending the message?

    Who has signed her certificate? Is the root (that has signed her
    certificate) installed into your Win2000 workstations?
    -JHN

    Jyrki Nivala, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Joan Riverton

    lyal Guest

    "Jyrki Nivala" <> wrote in message

    > > On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not
    > > allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her
    > > public key in Outlook).

    > What is the the error message you receive? Does she have a e-mail address

    in
    > her certificate? Is it the same you are using when sending the message?
    >
    > Who has signed her certificate? Is the root (that has signed her
    > certificate) installed into your Win2000 workstations?
    > -JHN
    > >
    > > Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know
    > > what that might be? (Other client users are using identical Win2000,
    > > Lotus Notes R5 on their workstations and have no problems.)
    > >
    > > TIA

    Do you have the recipients encryption public key (not the signing one...)?

    lyal, Dec 2, 2003
  4. On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 20:37:41 +1100, "lyal" <>
    wrote:

    >"Jyrki Nivala" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> > On our system, Outlook will send her messages "signed" but will not
    >> > allow encryption. (We have exchanged keys with her and are using her
    >> > public key in Outlook).

    >> What is the the error message you receive? Does she have a e-mail address

    >in
    >> her certificate? Is it the same you are using when sending the message?
    >>
    >> Who has signed her certificate? Is the root (that has signed her
    >> certificate) installed into your Win2000 workstations?
    >> -JHN
    >> >
    >> > Something in Outlook is preventing encryption ... does anybody know
    >> > what that might be? (Other client users are using identical Win2000,
    >> > Lotus Notes R5 on their workstations and have no problems.)
    >> >
    >> > TIA

    >Do you have the recipients encryption public key (not the signing one...)?

    Thank you for your reply. I didn't know there was a difference
    between a public key and a signing one. Please tell me how to make
    the distinction ... I'm new at this, and so far I've been lucky ...

    The key we have was downloaded from Verisign by going to their
    "repository." Which key would that be?

    Joan Riverton, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Thank you both for your support. The problem was a misspelled e-mail
    address in the "Contacts" folder in Outlook.

    I looked at it a dozen times and failed to notice until I read your
    kind messages and then went to verify it.

    Regards,

    Joan

    Joan Riverton, Dec 2, 2003
  6. Joan Riverton

    Bansilal

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    How to send non-encrypted attachments to outlook from lotus notes

    Hi Team,

    One of my lotus notes application sending mail with attachment,
    its working fine in lotus notes but for outlook users its not opening (attachment).
    Can you help me to solve this ?

    Bansilal, Dec 23, 2011