  1. Someone emailed me some distribution lists from Outlook.

    Is there a way to get these distribution lists from Outlook into Thunderbird?

    TIA

    Teather Mitty, Aug 12, 2007

  2. Teather Mitty

    Ralph Fox Guest

    I haven't tried this myself, but Dawn might do it.
    http://mysite.verizon.net/zakharin/software/Dawn/

    I expect that you have already looked into exporting addresses from
    Outlook to a *.csv file, and importing the *.csv file into Thunderbird;
    and that you have discovered that while Outlook exports individual
    addresses to the .csv file it does not export distribution lists.

    Ralph Fox, Aug 13, 2007

  3. Well I managed to export the distribution list into Thunderbird. But it
    created it as a separate PAB. Now that in itself is not an issue except for
    the fact that I still need to create a distribution list.

    Is there a way in Thunderbird to select multiple entries from the PAB and put
    them into a distribution list?

    TIA

    Teather Mitty, Aug 14, 2007
  4. they're called mailing lists. Click on the new list icon.
    Give it a name, a nickname, and a discription. Click OK,
    when done. Now, select the addresses you want in the list
    and hold down the shift key and drag them to the list you want.

    Is this what you want?

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 14, 2007
  5. Thank you very much "Peter". That is exactly what I wanted to do. I had a
    problem when after creating the new list and giving it a name, a nickname, and
    a description I tried to get the entries in.

    Thanks again

    Teather Mitty, Aug 14, 2007